Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a pretty hard rain today, i leave work to find a small puddle of water on the rubber floor mat on the passanger side, right below the glove box . . . i'm still under warranty so i plan to take this to the dealership next week . . . could this be coming from the roof rack? i did find a wet spot in the headliner after a trip to the autowash several weeks ago. this time the headliner appeared to be 100% dry on the surface. any suggestions as to what i should encourage the dealer to fix or look at?

·
on line
1,361 Posts
wonder if it could be something to do with your a/c or heater ducts letting water come through.

Just a guess, used to happen to wranglers all the time and caused a lot of confusion because people thought it was their soft top leaking.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Has your windshield been replace? Do you have a moonroof?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
My guess is that if its in that location it has something to do with the AC. I havent seen anything so far with my X, but on my old maxima... it leaked water alot on my pasengers feet..... I dont think you have anyting to worry about.

·
on line
139 Posts
I have a similar problem, but no puddles. Basically I get moisture / condensation between the floor mat and carpet in the exact same place you describe. I haven't figured it out yet, so I'll probably take my X to the dealership for an oil change and have them take a look at that as well.

D-Rock

·
on line
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heavy rain all night . . . the headliner is damp around the inner most visor mounting point on the passanger side . . . and the floor is NOT wet this morning . . . odd . . . i'm thinking i use my warranty and let the dealership look at it . . . i know at least two of the four roof rack wind screen bolts are jacked up, hopefully they can at least deal with that . . . did i mention i get "pre-angry" when going to the dealership?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
p.staff said:
i'm thinking i use my warranty and let the dealership look at it . . . i know at least two of the four roof rack wind screen bolts are jacked up, hopefully they can at least deal with that . . . did i mention i get "pre-angry" when going to the dealership?

the dealer won't cover it if you've removed the air dam......put silicon around the bolts then screw them back in that should fix the leaking issue.

·
on line
254 Posts
Ran accross a couple of posts over on XOC last night about the same issue. Once the bolts on the rack\basket are loose looks like they leak exactly as you described.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts