Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal. Nissan just recently replaced my heater core and since then passenger floor was flooding when AC was ON. I fixed it as per bulletin (as I mentioned in the other thread). No more water in the car.

I am still paying close attention to it, and I noticed, as it is getting cold here and I run cab heating, that water drips out from the car even when only in "heat" and no AC at all. I am just wondering if they did something wrong and AC is running when it is not supposed to, or is it normal that water condensate on condenser all the time ?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no defrost as far as I know, just heating for rear window and side mirrors was on, it was very foggy

blower was selected to blow air on windshield and feet area ... would that turn defrost on ?

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Yes it would turn on the ac as that is split defrost/ floor. Unless the Canadian versions are completely different on that function also.

·
on line
2,228 Posts
no defrost as far as I know, just heating for rear window and side mirrors was on, it was very foggy

blower was selected to blow air on windshield and feet area ... would that turn defrost on ?
Any time you select air to blow on the windshield it turns the A/C on to de-humidify the air to better clear the windows. It is conditioning the air to better clear the windows. Normal and expected.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, that would be a relief. Will play with the heat and test it more...

·
Registered
443 Posts
To clarify, it is dripping on the ground now, not inside? Is it dripping clear water, or coolant?

As long as it is clear water and not leaking inside it is normal dehumidifying from the AC running, like others have said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts