Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just passed the 36k/36 month warranty, and of course something came up and had to take it in to the dealer. Just some minor battery cable problems, not much $$ out of pocket, but how come the 10 year/100k miles powertrain didn't cover it? Anybody looked into an extended warranty? Does Nissan or anybody else, who's reputable, offer an extension of the original warranty?

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I know they offered and extended warranty when I bought my X, but that doesn't help you now.

·
on line
81 Posts
When I bought my X I got an extended warenty through nissan out to 100k miles. I'm not sure if they will offer it after the fact, best thing you could do is go talk to the dealer and see what they can offer you.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
A Batt cable problem would not be covered under many warranty's. I notice mine start to get funky at like 19K I hate the type they use, it's cheapo and sucks. I'll change over to something better some day. But keep an eye on em people especially the pos cable. Clean it up, spray the crap on it. MC

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery Issues

Got the X back yesterday, that's exactly what they had to do, MC. Replace the (+) cable due to mud and gunk build-up and corrosion. Noticed they sprayed almost the entire battery with some red looking liquid that cleared up all that crap. Is there anything out there to put on top or cover the battery/cables to protect them from mud and the elements? Or is it just a by-product that we have to live with during off-roading?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts