Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Shrockworks Front Bumper on order.

I also have a Warn M8000 winch waiting to be installed into the bumper when it arrives.

Does anyone who has installed a Warn M8000, or similar external solenoid winch, have any comments/suggestions about the install in the Shrockworks Front Bumper?

I have wire rope on my winch, and a roller fairlead. The roller fairlead has been bent, so I'm probably going to switch to a hawse fairlead when I do the install. I plan to keep my existing remote control and use the mounting location that Jim provides in the bumper. We have to have front license plates here, so once I do the install I'll decide what to do about the front plate (i.e. USMC's idea, or something else).

·
on line
3,484 Posts
OR! You can do the MC $10 Lic Holder! That way if you crunch it you won't cry! The black flap is a plastic notebook cut up cover, keeps water from getting into my sheet! Also there is a Plate back involved. SS nuts.
Finished:

What it takes:
Two hinges, a drill to drill the holes, and a set of Mag Light clips.& 20 minutes. Don't get hurt!

You can kinda see here, after you drill holes, ya remove the roller clips and put hinge on, and re install clips. Hangs like this.

Looks like this when almost shut.

Cheap is good, You smash, parts left over for a re build. Got the Mag light clips at a truck stop, TA. We are here to save money!
MC

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys, however, as I stated above, I'm probably going to use a hawse fairlead, not a roller fairlead.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
ahhhh we just posted all that for other people who are looking.
Man good luck with the install. I had such fun I had no time to take any pictures, I had to move the solenoid and it was a tight fit, Installed the bumper like 10 times during the process. Watch the AC Condenser.

MC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts