Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm going to order the Shrockworks front bumper from Jim but not really sure about which winch to get. I've narrowed it down to the Warn 9000i and Ramsey Patriot 9500 with Synthetic Rope. If I go with Warn then I would get synthetic rope as well but the Ramsey comes with it. Any thoughts to help? I'm sure I wont be using it much but I do want quality and I want it to last. Thanks for any input you can provide.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I got the Warn XD9000i with AmSteel Blue synthetic line and it's a good soild winch and fits great in the Shrock bumper.

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just ordered my ShrockWorks front bumper from Jim and I'll be getting the Ramsey 9500 with synthetic rope and hopefully the new ShrockWorks hawse fairlead. All shipped at the same time hopefully if Jim can time it well.

Now I just need help with the install! Free beer to whoever helps me! :drunken:

·
on line
142 Posts
Has anyone put an hydraulic winch on one of those bumpers? Mile Marker perhaps? It's going to be one of my next purchases for the X. gettin' stuck sucks

Z.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
flipflop said:
Now I just need help with the install! Free beer to whoever helps me! :drunken:
Hey flip flop

My first experience with RMXC was pulling into Ponyboy's Parking lot and before I was even out of my vehicle several guys almost had my stock bumper off and the shrock one on... so just link up with us for a mod day and we can make it happen!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
ZwithanX said:
Has anyone put an hydraulic winch on one of those bumpers? Mile Marker perhaps? It's going to be one of my next purchases for the X. gettin' stuck sucks

Z.
The power steering pump doesn't have hight enough flow for a hydraulic winch.

·
on line
142 Posts
Hmmmm. Good to know. For the electrics, do most folks add a second battery, or does the X's wiring handle the load? Thanks for the info.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
ZwithanX said:
Hmmmm. Good to know. For the electrics, do most folks add a second battery, or does the X's wiring handle the load? Thanks for the info.
X's handle the load.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You don't need a 2nd battery, but a deep cycle battery will do you good (Optima Yellow Top, Excide Orbital, etc.)

Just remember, wire the winch directly to the battery and keep the truck running while using the winch if possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts