Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we put these same tail light bulbs in my buddy's X (the night armor one with the black headlights) and they look really cool, they reflect and look like hundreds of tiny bulbs, and they still work flawlessly about 6 months later. we got them from this same guy, but they cost more than twice as much back then, I don't know why they're so cheap right now but I ordered some and I can let you guys know if everything goes well when they show up next week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Yes that is a good deal, I think I know why. LED technology has just advanced and they have bulbs that are at least 2X brighter and longer battery life. So I can imagine everyone is selling out to make room for the new stuff that will be a little more expensive. MC

·
on line
189 Posts
would dis look good on just stock taillights..

so these bulbs are just for
STop and Brake..

is there any bright LED for Back Up Lights..

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Have you tried this as a turn signal bulb as well or only brake light?
Wondering about the effects of lowered resistance.

How much of a difference is there between the low level light versus
the brighter when brakes are applied? Some people have said that
the diffference between the 2 levels is not enough to show up as brake
lights especially during the day.

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dunno, I'll let you know. You can't use them as turn signals without load resistors or getting a new flasher, which I'm trying to figure out and I'll post up a how to if I get it to work.

·
on line
196 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
i dunno, I'll let you know. You can't use them as turn signals without load resistors or getting a new flasher, which I'm trying to figure out and I'll post up a how to if I get it to work.
Any luck on the flasher? I hate the whole flash fast thingy!!!!! The bulbs look very nice installed! I can post pics if requested.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I bought some bulbs from that guy 18 days ago and still nothing here yet. A week later I bought a dozen music CD's from Thailand and they got here in three days ... with free shipping. Dude is in Hong Kong but sure takes his time getting around to mailing anything.

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah mine aren't here yet either, I emailed him and he said it's probably holiday postal traffic... don't worry if you used paypal you're protected. I've ordered maybe a dozen bulbs from that guy or more and he's always been dependable.

·
on line
196 Posts
Hey guys! Here are the pictures, which include dragon's KOOL brake light mod :rr:

Hopefully the pics portray it right, but the bulbs make it seem like a bunch of little bulbs with the reflection pattern.

·
on line
196 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
yep! that's them, and that's why I like them so much! :) lucky bastard you got em first!
LOL! Man i got them pretty fast. Thanks for the link, they look great. The only thing is the blinkers act like I have a bulb out, i'm sure you know why, what can I do to get rid of that?

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kal_El said:
dragonplayboy said:
yep! that's them, and that's why I like them so much! :) lucky bastard you got em first!
LOL! Man i got them pretty fast. Thanks for the link, they look great. The only thing is the blinkers act like I have a bulb out, i'm sure you know why, what can I do to get rid of that?
MC and I have been trying to figure that out for a while now, you can either wire a little liscense plate light sized bulb in parallel, or get a big ol resistor and wire it in parallel. or live with the hyperflashing.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
How does the bightness happen? Does it only use some of the LEDs for the tail lights and all for the brake lights? Or does it acctually increase the intensity of the LEDs when the brakes are on?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts