Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question.......if you make shit that needs to be "laser cut".......and your building two bumpers or more..............Why would you tell one person the parts needed came in friday........and tell someone else your parts will be in tomorrow? WTF? Are you serious?

It would be like parker brothers selling puzzles that they didnt have all the peices to............30 to 40 puzzles. Then every other week getting the two same missing puzzle peices for each puzzle in, and then shipping them.........Why wouldnt parker brothers order multiple pieces at once to complete all these puzzles?

My head hurts badly. Im a bit pissed off, and looking for something large and heavy to break. Perhaps throw out a window. Whos with me?

·
on line
564 Posts
See...ya should have sent him your mud flaps :iconbiggrin:

Rob

·
on line
1,114 Posts
I don't believe Jim keeps stockpiles of laser cut steel in his magic warehouse. If he did, he might be able speed up the manufacturing process but I suspect that would be pretty expensive for his small company.

I still waiting on my rear bumper w/tire carrier that I ordered 4 months ago. I'm not happy about it but I'm not going to pester Jim...at least for a few more days.

:geek:

·
on line
236 Posts
i feel you on the wait, i waited for a bit and just decied to cancel my order and just fab the sliders on my own.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My point is this. If you know back in december or january that you have say, 5 bumpers on order. Then why wouldnt you order the peices for all 5 at once? Common sense to me. And when you promise something that is paid for in a certain amount of time, then you better be ready for complaints.

If i was told its goona be 20 weeks, i wouldnt say a word.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
My guess Jim is small potatoes in the eyes of the laser cutter. He probably doesn't get the same priority as the larger customers and because of this, the trickle down effect happens.

The only option would be to do everything in house, which in a lot of cases would reduce the quality.

·
on line
238 Posts
Hey mcampana,

I have some salt..... :blackeye:

When did you actually order your front bumper? Do you think I'm driving around with yours on :rockin:

Just messin' wit ya. I ordered mine on January 6. Just saw it on my work calendar.

My rear diff guard is going to be at my door tomorrow. I think that took 3-4 weeks to my door and 2-3 weeks for fabrication.

·
on line
232 Posts
Turtle said:
Hey mcampana,

I have some salt..... :blackeye:

When did you actually order your front bumper? Do you think I'm driving around with yours on :rockin:

Just messin' wit ya. I ordered mine on January 6. Just saw it on my work calendar.

My rear diff guard is going to be at my door tomorrow. I think that took 3-4 weeks to my door and 2-3 weeks for fabrication.
You ordered your front bumper on Jan 6th? WHAT IN THE F%CK is going on here? I ordered mine on Dec 21st and a guy in my club ordered his on Dec. 6th and we have both not seen ours. I didn't spend $3000 on Shrock parts to be dicked around like this. I am tired of the smoke and lies and now I probably won't have it for our Moab trip in less than 3 weeks which is one of the reasons I wanted it in the first place.
Something is going to have to change or you will see your sales go in the toilet once ARB starts cranking these out.

·
on line
238 Posts
Uh, oh. Me thinks I opened a can of worms.

Really, I didn't pay him any more for my bumper :scratch: . I'm almost totally Shrocked up as well. Just a rear bumper needed, but I'm probably fab that myself since my welder and air compressor are hooked up now.

Sorry if I've offended with my dry humor. :hippy2:

·
on line
232 Posts
Why is it your fault you got your bumper before we did? It's not your fault unless you told him it was okay to move up in line :blackeye:

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Yep, I too have been waiting on a front bumper I bought as my Christmas present.

The thing that really kills me is that I'll come home from work each day and check my E-Mail to hopefully see that tracking number from Fed Ex and it's never there.

It's just disappointing, and it makes skid plates from AC more attractive.

Please Jim...

·
on line
3,262 Posts
you guys want me to go kick Jim in the pants???? :naka:

Naa, just playing. And i think that muzik is right when he said that jims shop is small potatoes to the lazer cutter. I can almost guarantee that Jims orders get pushed back and pushed back over other customers that buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of cut metal.

Just like Turtle is a repeat customer for Jim so he gets priority over all the other guys..... LOL (just messing around)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
My guess, Dan got his quick because they finished a batch.

Now if you ordered before Dan and Dan got his first, then I would be bitching.

Although these things are pretty much custom made, my guess they do them in batches to cut down on cost. That means if you order on and a batch is almost complete, as long as that entire batch isn't spoken for yet, you have a chance of getting one pretty quick. If you order at the end of that batch and there are none left over, then you have to wait for the next.

This is just an assumption, but having dealt with many custom shops and companies that farm out work in other industries, this is commonly how it works.

It does suck to pay up front and have to wait and I know what it's like to want something before a run and not getting it (I dented a rocker panel because of this). But I also know that Jim does his best to get stuff out to people when they need it (had my rear bumper and skids the day before I left for ECXC).

1 - 20 of 102 Posts