Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've narrowed down my choice to either the Volant or K&N airt intake system. Anybody wanna share their experience / pros & cons re: either system? Thx!

I'm looking for HP gains with only moderate in-cabin noise. Nothing too loud. I'll be looking into either Gibson or Magnaflow exhaust system at a later time.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Bill... so what do you think of your Flowmaster? Power output gains, noise levels in-cabin and out, ease of installation, etc?

·
on line
1,977 Posts
Flowmaster

So far I like the Flowmaster.It`s on the loud side.You can hear me coming,I`ve been told.With the windows up there a nice rumble inside.With the windows down it`s a lot louder.I wouldn`t want it too much louder.There`s a bit of a drone at certain RPM`s but nothing I can`t deal with.I`ll be putting on a new Y pipe next week and cutting off the back 2 cats.I`ll have to see how much louder it gets and make a decision if I want to keep it.If you like loud the Flowmaster's for you.I had a shop install it.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I've had the Volant for six months. It sounds great, not too loud, and the power increase through the mid-range is really noticeable.

One suggestion: since cleaning, drying and re-oiling the filter takes some time to do properly, buy a second filter. That way, one is always ready to install and you can swap them out as often as needed. In my case, since I go off-road almost every weekend in dusty conditions, I sometimes need to swap filters every few weeks. I may go with a snorkel before long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts