Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Ok I'm finally getting rid of my halogen bulb headlights; I'm retrofitting my headlights by @865_retrofits. I can't wait to put them on.
-MH1 Projector Retro-fit (Bixenon Projectors-NHK HID bulbs)
-Morimoto RGB Halos
-RGB Demon Eyes
-Black paint
Here's an example of what it will look like (this is on a frontier)
Picture taken by @865_retrofits

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #167 (Edited)
Ok they're finally done but the shop sent potato pics so I'll get some better ones when I actually have them sometime this week. I'm hype so had to post them.
I'm going to have my friend polish and coat them; once that's done I'll get some sweet pics. Can't wait!

Lights before lockers! :)

Demon Eye in purple

RGB Halos

·
TNX Veteran & LPM
7,842 Posts
Ok I'm finally getting rid of my halogen bulb headlights; I'm retrofitting my headlights by @865_retrofits. I can't wait to put them on.
-MH1 Projector Retro-fit (Bixenon Projectors-NHK HID bulbs)
-Morimoto RGB Halos
-RGB Demon Eyes
-Black paint
Here's an example of what it will look like (this is on a frontier)
Picture taken by @865_retrofits

View attachment 125433
Holy he11 that is sexy!!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
What do you polish and cost them with? Is that to renew old ones or does coating work for new looking ones?

·
TNX Veteran
3,821 Posts
You'll have to grab a pic of the diff in the truck when you get a chance. I wonder if it is at all visible from the outside.... maybe with a drop bracket or if your truck is sideways on an obstacle

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
You'll have to grab a pic of the diff in the truck when you get a chance. I wonder if it is at all visible from the outside.... maybe with a drop bracket or if your truck is sideways on an obstacle
i doubt i can see it but mainly did it because i was bored loli know i can see it when i put it on a loft lol

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Okay questions that I haven't found a clear answer on yet. The VK swap on an automatic transmission you lose the 5th gear (OD) if using the xterra transmission? Do you retain all if using a titan transmission?

Been looking for a straight reply as I have seen some say you lose the 5th gear thus only have access to 4 of them but I have seen responses saying you lose nothing if using the titan transmission because the TCU on it works with the VK ECU thus omitting that hiccup as part of the VK swap.

Honesty right now with 34.5's (315/75/16) tires and all here in Colorado I am lucky to see 4th and 5th gear on the highway as the 4.0L and the 3.36 years just don't work so well together to allow the usage of those upper gears. But if I swap to the VK (and re-gear) I would love to see those gears again..

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Okay questions that I haven't found a clear answer on yet. The VK swap on an automatic transmission you lose the 5th gear (OD) if using the xterra transmission? Do you retain all if using a titan transmission?

Been looking for a straight reply as I have seen some say you lose the 5th gear thus only have access to 4 of them but I have seen responses saying you lose nothing if using the titan transmission because the TCU on it works with the VK ECU thus omitting that hiccup as part of the VK swap.

Honesty right now with 34.5's (315/75/16) tires and all here in Colorado I am lucky to see 4th and 5th gear on the highway as the 4.0L and the 3.36 years just don't work so well together to allow the usage of those upper gears. But if I swap to the VK (and re-gear) I would love to see those gears again..
You do lose the over drive

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
784 Posts
Subscribed to your YouTube channel, hope to see more content in the future! Awesome rig!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 204 Posts