Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

141 - 160 of 202 Posts

·
NewX’er 4life
2,516 Posts
Truck sounds like an old Bronco or something, V8 makes it sound like something completely different!

I put my compressor in the cubby hole the same way, except I cut my square hole on the opposite side. It kind of gives that place a purpose again. I ran the filter line out though since I didn't want the compressor sucking in hot air on those already hot summer days.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
My brother purchased a pathfinder about two weeks ago and we went to Peters Mill Run in VA to test it out. It has all season tires on it, it did pretty good i must say. I think I got him hooked on overlanding haha now we can both take our own rigs and split some of the supplies space woooo

Also my plans for 2020 will be doing a Titan Swap starting with the M205 (3 ribs 3.36/M226. (Hopefully within 1-2 months)

For the Titan Swap suspension im thinking on:
Radflo 2.5 w/ Remote Res or without not sure if the extra $400 will be needed
Titan length SPC UCA
Radflo 2.0" Extended Length Rear Emulsion Shocks
Daystar Extended Length Shackles
Alcan Leaf Packs

after all that I will probably go with 35's, once I have the Titan Swap done I'll sell my current setup and get some $ back ??

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I was shopping for my X, I was also interested in Titans but at the end, I didn't like the look and it's size.
But That sweet sound... And power

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I purchased the Volant Cold Air Intake so that I can attach it to the Titan Air Raid Intake and now I have a closed filter box so that I don't get heat soak. Had to customize it a bit, I went to home depot and got a coupler that goes from 4" to 3" and attached it that way. I was told that the Titan Air box wouldn't fit so that's why I went with this method. I also purchased the "Derale Atomic-Cool Remote Fan-Mounted Oil Coolers 15950" that I'll be installing as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Awesome rig. My engine is at 145,000 and it is time for the timing chain tensioner repair and if I am to do it right I will be changing a bunch of other parts along with it. Looking at the costs I sometimes think it might be worth going the extra mile and do a VK swap instead. I was wondering how much you spent in total for the entire transition, engine, tranny and everything else. And have you had to deal with any unforeseen problems since?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Looks great! I'm glad to see you are using it! I remember your truck when it was in Brennan's shop!
You saw it when it was torn apart!? lucky! lol

The Lexan cover is a great idea. Easy to see if filter is dirty
Now it's on my to do list
Yeah, the old filter was dirty AF, probably had trouble breathing haha
Awesome rig. My engine is at 145,000 and it is time for the timing chain tensioner repair and if I am to do it right I will be changing a bunch of other parts along with it. Looking at the costs I sometimes think it might be worth going the extra mile and do a VK swap instead. I was wondering how much you spent in total for the entire transition, engine, tranny and everything else. And have you had to deal with any unforeseen problems since?
Well price depends on a lot of stuff but if you were to have a company source the parts and install it i would budget at least $7k; I upgraded some parts so it was a lit bit more =\ unforseen problems hmm well if you have emissions then you'll have to deal with that. every states different so can't help ya there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)
Ok the M205 arrived ? it's from a 2015 Nissan Titan Pro4X (3 Rib, 3.36) 23k miles, also received the e-locker harness kit for the M226, I'm going to be locked in the rear now, saweeeet. Also purchased the ARB M226 Rear Diff cover in Red, (it's gonna look sick) also purchased the ARB inflation case for my accessories for the ARB twin air compressor.

I'm still waiting for the M226 to arrive so that I can replace this C200. It's from a 2014 Nissan Frontier Pro4X (100k miles)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Went overlanding with CAMO this past weekend. We did section 2 of the MABDR and some of section 3. Also did skidmore fork/dunkle hollow road. We had almost 25 rigs.
The trail was not that hard but probably the most costly lol
1 2nd gen Xterra debeads his tire/Cold winds crack windshield/broken halfshaft
1 1st gen Xterra loses fuel pump
1 2nd gen Xterra broken u joint
High winds break my arb awning
High winds break someone elses canopy tent (strapped down btw)
1 Ford Raptor breaks his exhaust off
1 Chevy ZR2 breaks both of his shocks

P.S. does anyone know how to make the pics smaller but get bigger when clicked on? lol takes too much space in full size

141 - 160 of 202 Posts