Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Pretty cool. On their Instagram they are saying mpg is gonna go up vs v6 which is a nice perk too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Pretty cool. On their Instagram they are saying mpg is gonna go up vs v6 which is a nice perk too!

So far I'm getting about the same but I've been flooring it nonstop since I got it. Maybe one of these days I'll try and drive like a normal human being and see the mpg's but I make no promises :tard:

·
Registered
258 Posts

So far I'm getting about the same but I've been flooring it nonstop since I got it. Maybe one of these days I'll try and drive like a normal human being and see the mpg's but I make no promises
the smiles per gallon are more important than the miles per gallon! Keep flooring lol

·
Caretaker of The Minion
3,720 Posts
So far I'm getting about the same but I've been flooring it nonstop since I got it. Maybe one of these days I'll try and drive like a normal human being and see the mpg's but I make no promises :tard:
oh no no no no no...that's not what I wanna see/hear! LOL mpg's are exactly why i'm swapping mine! you'll need to drive like a normal human being sometime soon so you can make me feel better! ;-)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
oh no no no no no...that's not what I wanna see/hear! LOL mpg's are exactly why i'm swapping mine! you'll need to drive like a normal human being sometime soon so you can make me feel better! ;-)

lol ill try no promises haha

main reason i did the swap was for the extra hp/tq and v8 sound and you don't really see any v8 swapped Xterra's around

·
Registered
747 Posts
Just placed an order for White Knuckle Rock Sliders, can't wait to put them on!

Going offroad in 3 weeks so I'll try and get some sweet pics

Just a random pic for now
Don't mind the random dog in the background lol

Any updates on mpg?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Any updates on mpg?

Not trying to thread jack or anything, but I average about 12 mpg with my vk swap, even when I am driving normal and like a sane person. Granted I am a frontier fully armored and what not and with 4.10 gears. I can see mpg's going up if stock gear ratios but with aftermarket mpg's might actually go down.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
Hi-Lift jack installed! Now I'm waiting for my white knuckle rock sliders to come in. Hmm next think ill get the light bars since I've had the offroad gorilla brackets in the garage for a while now lol

Update!
Ordered the 40" Double Row LED Light Bar CREE - 400W 34,200 LUMENS can't wait to install it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Ordered some items: (feels like Christmas!)

White Knuckle Rock Sliders (still on the way :( )
Raingler Ceiling Cargo Net (Mesh) (still on the way :( )

Auxbeam 20" LED Light Bar 126W (need to install) for the front bumper
40" Double Row LED Light Bar CREE - 400W 34,200 LUMENS (on the way) for the roof
Auxbeam LED Light Bar Wiring Harness Kit w/ fuse relay (need to install)

ARB 12v twin On Board Air Compressor (on the way)
ARB Tire Inflation Kit (on the way)
ARB Digital Tire Inflator (on the way)

Me and my bro went to Peters Mill Run this past weekend (starting off small) just posting random videos from the trail, i know it's not crazy rock crawling crazy stuff but gotta start somewhere i guess :dontknow::(:sad11: (just trying to enjoy the views)

(and yes the squeaky noise is annoying lol)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Did some off-road/over-landing this weekend

Same obstacle from two different angles (yes i had it in neutral, i am a newb)

Just having some fun in the mud at our campsite on top of middle of nowhere

This water crossing ruined my oil sensor and made the gauge read 0 and light up the oil light so had a little bit of a panic there but she's OK just have to change the sensor

View of our campsite

101 - 120 of 137 Posts