Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
More VK56 updates!
The ecu that they sent is a bad one so Driven Desire is getting a new one sent out so the wait continues to pick her up, might be this weekend.
A nice surprise he upgraded the fan to an electric fan
he knows i'm doing a red theme so he painted the badges on the engine cover and got a red fan
also noticed he put his driven desire logo in there so gotta represent lol

·
TNX Veteran & LPM
7,710 Posts
More VK56 updates!
The ecu that they sent is a bad one so Driven Desire is getting a new one sent out so the wait continues to pick her up, might be this weekend.
A nice surprise he upgraded the fan to an electric fan
he knows i'm doing a red theme so he painted the badges on the engine cover and got a red fan
also noticed he put his driven desire logo in there so gotta represent lol

Looks freaking sweet! Curious to hear how it drives once done.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Any updates? That V8 looks like its itching to tear up some asphalt
I still haven't picked her up yet, Driven Desire ran into some problems with the ECU but hopefully I can pick the x up in a couple of days, I'm freaking dying over here! lol

This is one of the best documented V8 swaps I've seen. Looking forward to the test drive updates.
thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Looking pretty sweet. In that last video it shows a red dash indicator light on, is that going to be on permanently?
no all lights will be off when he's done, also notice the oil gauge is not connected either and shows the needle all the way up lol he's doing a base tune and should have everything squared away by the time i pick it up. everything will be like oem when it's done

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Man, I was already sold on a VK... But I was just going to put it in the corner of the garage until I killed my existing motor/hit 300k. I don't think I can wait now.
I just got it back yesterday, this thing is a beast! I freaking love it. All that is xtra torque is really fun and that v8 rumble i cant stop flooring it everywhere lol. Ill try and get some videos in a bit

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where did you get it done? In my local shop the do Ls3 swap but on manual trans xterra only and the Price is too steep lol...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)
Are you worried about the tailpipe touching when offroading or is this not going to see terrain that rough?
I'm not gonna do like rock crawling or extreme stuff like that just light trails/mudding stuff like that. it's my daily so I'm not trying to break stuff =\

81 - 100 of 137 Posts
About this Discussion
136 Replies
32 Participants
Old Navy
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing