Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: Hello Everyone, I just got my Xterra on 12-9-2017 with 86k miles. It's completely stock right now. I'm going to change the radiator with an aftermarket one to prevent the SMOD issue. Eventually I will start offroading, but I'm new to this world so I don't even know where to start. I have a 2008 Infiniti G37 coupe and it's my weekend car now that I have the X. I'm addicted to modding my G37 since it has exhaust, test pipes, intakes, tune, air suspension, retrofitted headlights, carbon fiber hood/trunk etc. so I know the X won't stay stock for long *sigh* here we go again. lmao

Username: Vizard
Instagram: Mall_Crawling_X

Xterra's Nickname: Good 'ole Rusty

Make: Nissan
Year: 2005
Model: Xterra
Trim: SE 4x4 5AT
Color: Night Armor (K26)

MODS

Wheels/Tires:
-Pro Comp 89 17x8 -12 offset
-BF Goodrich TA KO2 285/70/17
-Melt Mod/minor trimming

Brakes:
-Raybestos Advanced Tech Rotors
-Raybestos EHT Brake Pads
-Power Stop Performance Front/Rear Calipers
-PRG Rear Diff Breather Kit
-Nisstec Stainless Steel Extended Brake Lines

Suspension:
-Nisstec MK84 Front Coilovers 550lbs
-NissTec 2” Add-A-Leafs
-Radflo 2.0 Rear Emulsion Shocks
-Mevotech UCA
-Mevotech LCA
-Front Camber Bolts
-Steel Axle Degree Shims
-Extended U-Bolts
-SPC UCA bolts

Interior:
-Sony XAV-AX100 touchscreen
-Uniden Pro 520 XL
-4' Firestik FS CB Antenna
-18' Premium RG8X CB Coax Cable
-Heavy Duty CB Antenna Spring
-Firestik CB Antenna Quick Disconnect
- Raingler Ceiling Cargo Net (Mesh)

Armor:
- White Knuckle Offroad Rock Sliders
- DOM tube steel
- Matte Black Powder Coat
- Angled 25 degrees

Lighting:
- None :(

Accessories:
- Smittybilt Rapid Air Deflator
- Raingler Seatback Handle x2
- Rotopax 2Gal Fuel Can
- 48" All Cast Hi-Lift Jack
-(2-3" adjustable tube mounts & Handle Keeper)
- Hi-Lift Jack NJC Neoprene Jack Cover
- ARB Awning 2000
- Fourtreks Modular Awning Mounts
- ARB Deluxe Awning Room

To Do List:
Switch Pro SP-9100 panel (on the way)
Roof/Bumper LED rocker switches (need to install)
Auxbeam LED Light Bar Wiring Harness Kit w/ fuse relay (need to install)
Auxbeam 20" LED Light Bar 126W (need to install)
40" Double Row LED Light Bar CREE - 400W 34,200 LUMENS (need to install)
ARB 12v twin On Board Air Compressor (need to install)
ARB Tire Inflation Kit (need to install)
ARB Digital Tire Inflator (need to install)

Wish List:
Gobi Rear Ladder
Headlight retrofit
ARB Diff cover (Red)
Undercarriage Rust Protection
Raingler Base Grip Rack Handle
HeftyFabWorks Front Tube Winch Bumper
Max Gear Rear Bumper with swing arm/tire carrier

Removed:
-OEM 17" SE Wheels (Plasti Dipped)
-Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers
-Side Step and Mud Flaps
--2.5" Rough Country (never installed)

Maintenance:
Replaced Radiator around 88k miles
Passenger Brake line needed to be replaced
Regular Oil Change at 90,783 miles (6-1-18)
Calipers/Brake pads/rotors at 92,982 (7-30-18)
Replaced Battery at 93,540 (9-3-18)
Oil Change at 95,000 (10-15-18)
Camshaft sensors, bank 1&2 at 96,971 (11-24-18)
Tie Rods 97,450 (12-1418)
Wheel Bearings Assembly 97,450 (12-14-18)
Wheel Alignment 97,450 (12-14-18)
Fuel Pump/Fuel Sending Unit 98,000 (1-3-19)
Oil Change at 98,910 (1-23-19)
VK56 swap at 100,350 miles (Feb/2019) picked up on 3-24-19
Transmission Fluid Change done with vk swap
Cooling System Fluid Change done with vk swap
Oil Change done with vk swap
Nisstec Stainless Steel Extended Brake Lines 4-20-19 (103k miles)
Oil Change at 108,500 (7-15-19)

VK56 SWAP PARTS
2010 Titan Engine under 120k miles
2010 Titan 4wd Transmission under 120k miles
2007-12 Titan Engine Harness (Used, Converted)
2007-12 Titan Engine Control Module
UpRev Tune
Titan Motor Mount Brackets
Titan Powersteering Pump (Used)
Titan AC Compressor (Used)
Titan AC Compressor to Condenser Line
Pathfinder V8 Low Suction AC Line
Titan Powersteering Pressure Line
Titan Engine to Transmission Bolts
Titan Flexplate (Used)
Titan Clutch Fan - upgraded to electric fan
Serpentine Belt
Titan Fan Blade (Used)
Heather Core Fitting
Titan Lower Radiator Hose
Titan Upper Radiator Hose
Pathfinder V8 Radiator Shroud
Pathfinder V8 AC Fan
Titan Coilpacks
Titan Transmission Dip Stick
Titan Starter
PRG Polyureathane Titan Motor Mounts
PRG Polyureathane Titan Transmission Mount
Titan Engine Cover
Airraid Air Intake
JBA Headers
Cajun Titan Resonated B Pipes 2.5"
Cajun Titan Y Pipe 2.5"
OEM Exhaust Gaskets
JBA Catback Exhaust
Red Silicone Coolant Hose Set

PHOTOS
|

Attachments

·
TNX Veteran
3,609 Posts
I'm going to change the oil cooler with an aftermarket one to fix the SMOD issue. Eventually I will start offroading but I'm new to this world so I don't even know where to start.I have a 2008 Infiniti G37 coupe and it's my weekend car now that I have the X. I'm addicted to modding my G37 since it has exhaust, test pipes, intakes, tune, air suspension, retrofitted headlights, carbon fiber hood/trunk etc. so I know the X won't stay stock for long *sigh* here we go again lmao

Does anyone know what is the biggest tire I can put on my stock wheels without rubbing or needing to upgrade the lift? TIA
It is actually the whole radiator that you need to replace, not the oil cooler. Koyorad makes a pretty much identical one to OEM for about $125. Other people get CSF Aluminum radiators for 3-4x more if you need that capacity (most don't).

The biggest tire size is 285/75/R16 or 285/70/R17 (your stock wheels). That is a 33" tire. You can fit that without any lift, but you will need to melt the plastic of your fender liners a bit: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how-tos/1346-how-melt-mod-making-285-75-16-tires-fit-*cpl*.html

Nice car. I usually am not a fan of Infinitis but yours looks awesome. I also knew nothing about 4x4, off road, or trucks really when I got my X a year and a half ago, but I've completely transformed it since then. Its really easy to get into and fun to learn. Seeing how you modded your car, I am excited to see what you do with the X haha.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It is actually the whole radiator that you need to replace, not the oil cooler. Koyorad makes a pretty much identical one to OEM for about $125. Other people get CSF Aluminum radiators for 3-4x more if you need that capacity (most don't).
It wont let me add links because of my post count

So add the radiator from amazon Koyorad A2807 Radiator and that will fix it? Or do I need the oil cooler as well?

·
TNX Veteran
3,609 Posts
It wont let me add links because of my post count

So add the radiator from amazon Koyorad A2807 Radiator and that will fix it? Or do I need the oil cooler as well?
Get it from FR Sport, some of the ones on Amazon have turned out to be Chinese fakes: https://frsport.com/Koyorad-A2807-OEM-Replacement-Radiator-Nissan-Xterra-4-0L-V6-AT-05-11_p_74067.html

You only need to replace the radiator. This post has a good description of the problem: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/11-powertrain-driveline/229866-smod-warranty-question-i-promise-i-read-first.html#post3631074

Try searching around on here. Most of the stuff you can think of has already been done and is on this forum somewhere...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice rides! And welcome! Love the G. I have an 05 Xterra now and I used to have an 04 G35x Sedan with an STS rear mount turbo, :D. Miss that car. But I'm about to pay off the X and will probably be picking up a modded (preferably bagged and some sort of forced induction) G37 sedan or I'm also kind of partial to the 2012-2013 M56s's. Any ways, welcome again and you'll find a lot of good info here.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm being a ricer for now; last wednesday I had my friend plasti dip my OEM wheels gunmetal because I wanted darker wheels for the meantime and I installed the 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers.
I will need to trim some plastic and maybe some metal because when wheels are at a sharp turn it rubs.
I'm saving up for a 2.5"-3" lift and some level 8 bully pro wheels next! :)

·
TNX Veteran
3,609 Posts
That gunmetal color was a solid pick. It's a good look. I painted the outside of my wheels gunmetal and in the inside black. TBH I really like how it turned out - I like them better than any aftermarket option I found. I say you keep yours since you already spent the time on them!

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
That gunmetal color was a solid pick. It's a good look. I painted the outside of my wheels gunmetal and in the inside black. TBH I really like how it turned out - I like them better than any aftermarket option I found. I say you keep yours since you already spent the time on them!
Yeah my buddy did gun metal on his 4runner limited wheels before he went level 8's, honestly i liked it better than the new wheels. To OP, the bulls have a big offset so you probably don't want to stack with spacers. Those are definitely my favorite aftermarket wheel option for the X. Nice start!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts