Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Same Country as Bucksnort
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a small town(Goppingen) just outside of Stuttgart Germany this past week doing some software training. The Mercedes museum is just a train ride away in Stuttgart. so on Friday after class finished I headed down there.
The museum is 8 floors of great Mercedes history. You buy a ticket and grab a translator unit for your preferred language and start at the top floor and spiral your way down to the first floor.

I had my cell phone camera and took some shots of nice cars.
here is the link to the whole bunch.
Album link has 290 shots throughout the museum.

https://imgur.com/a/Z10axQ2

Here are some select shots.......

This is the G-wagon Pope-mobile Really!!!

Some kind of off road design

Electric

·
Registered
595 Posts
Looking back at the JP ML320, note the winch cable.
What?!?!

And the rear plate.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have been to this museum several years ago and must say it was my favorite museum anywhere. Not just the cars, but the way they have mixed the cars in with history and politics of the time and why cars where built the way they were - for instance truck load rules in Germany, or oil embargo in the 70's.

Do they still have the offroad G-Wagon track and co-pilot drive experience out front? I didn't get to do it - was sold out for the day when I was there.

·
TNX Senior Member
444 Posts
When I worked for Mercedes I had the chance to tour their only plant in North America, which is outside of Birmingham AL. I also got to see one of the Jurassic Park ML's.

We had a really cool opportunity to drive several AMG vehicles on race tracks, wet tracks and even off road - which I was pretty impressed with the capabilities of the GL's off road. Although you'd have to be insane to spend $100k+ and then take it off road.

Alan's father's car from the Hangover

SLS...I forget why they had this one in the Museum.

Definitely a really awesome experience, I'm jealous you got to go and see the Germany plant!

·
TNX Senior Member
444 Posts
Nice! I love auto museums. Always fascinating to walk through the history of evolution of vehicles.
Especially cool with Mercedes considering they were the original inventors of the automobile. I'm almost positive they also invented the seat belt as well. They got a patent for the design and could have sold it for whatever they wanted, but in the name of safety sold it for a dollar to all other manufacturers.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts

·
Same Country as Bucksnort
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3 weeks ago I met Kelsey Grammer at the American express platinum lounge in SFO.
I was introduced by a woman I had been speaking with earlier.

When I told my boys about it , my son Joe said "did he recognize you Dad?"

I love my kids :grin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts