Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been playing with the idea of doing the hood center like a lot here have and grill along with some other stuff. Having a hard time sourcing something good. Between size of sheet, cost and quality i have not been able to find something i am happy with.

Who runs what?
how long has it lasted?
How much?
Where do i get it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard nothing but good stuff about plasti dip from everyone on this site. Thought about it for bumpers and other stuff but didn't really think about it for the hood. You talkin like playing latex paint it peals off or what? Anyone had any issues peeling it off paint and leaving residue, fading, eating of clear coat etc?

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
No residue or damage to the paint. If you lay it down correctly, it will last a long time. Go to dipyourcar.com and look them up on you tube. There are tons of videos and how to's on it

·
Registered
310 Posts
i did a plastidip hood blackout and it was easy.. plastidip does peel right off if you want it to come off. there are mixed reviews online about plastidip and whether it messes paint up over the long run or not.. my door plastics and rear bumper quarters are plastidipped and they'll stay that way. the hood i peeled off. just over the weekend i did a vinyl hood blackout because i had some spots in the clear coat that irritated me. the vinyl came from VIGG DESIGNS LLC and there are other posts on this forum where people have used this hood blackout. they offer a 5yr and a 7yr rated vinyl. installation is a breeze if you are hands on and have played with vinyl or window film before.

IMG_20130914_180103_159_1 by BischofJr, on Flickr

then some added flavor

IMG_20130914_174834_804 by BischofJr, on Flickr

·
Registered
310 Posts
oh and the vinyl is 3m that comes from VIGG DESIGNS.

i was planning to just buy material off of amazon (bout $50 for 3m scotchprint 1080 matte black), then buy some knifeless tape off amazon as well (bout $37).. but vigg has the plot on their computer so they just cut it and mail it to you

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Did you post that on Instagram yet Bischoff? Looks sharp

Do they offer different colors? I was looking at their website, couldnt find anything Xterra related, how much they charge you?

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
just call them directly. Or even better, set up a group buy.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks awesome. Probably going to steal your decal under idea :)
I am going to have to call them, i dont know if i want to do the wrap around the front like you did or if i want to stretch all the way down to the grill since that is where i have rock chips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts