Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can hear the comment in audio about not bottoming out, It was a very very soft landing, I had no Idea I did this until I saw the video. From inside this felt and sounded like I dropped off a curb. How high does that Front right wheel get I wonder? I am like inches from a very serious (More than 200 ft.) drop off a cliff here and working my way out of that line, (Thanks Charlie) Got to do what ya got to do. MC

Click on this link, click play.
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/usmcxterra/?action=view&current=TimbrenBumpstops-1.flv

·
on line
2,938 Posts
You spelled "comercial" wrong. It should be commercial

Otherwise, very cool.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I been up like 40 hours, you don't know the half of it! In the Titles I spelled 'the' wrong, and something else and had to re-do the thing 2 times! LOL they call that fatigue. And I can drive like that? Scary! MC

·
on line
2,938 Posts
You need a trucker pick me up. Good old Speed!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are subject to a pop Whiz Quiz at any time and anywhere, and once a month the company must random test a % of drivers and also can be random tested at any weigh station, Because of that I don't even take aspirin. They even check for alcohol, any content of alcohol within 48 hours you lose your job for like 180 days 1st time, second time bye bye. All federal regulations, Heck I'm even afraid to down a 5 hour energy drink! Communist huh? MC

·
on line
1,361 Posts
usmc xterra said:
We are subject to a pop Whiz Quiz at any time and anywhere, and once a month the company must random test a % of drivers and also can be random tested at any weigh station, Because of that I don't even take aspirin. They even check for alcohol, any content of alcohol within 48 hours you lose your job for like 180 days 1st time, second time bye bye. All federal regulations, Heck I'm even afraid to down a 5 hour energy drink! Communist huh? MC
Yeah that does suck. To bad you can't suck down energy drinks those things are great to me when on road trips.

·
on line
564 Posts
Sweet vid MC...Dude that looks like some frig'n gnarly s$&t!

Rob

·
Read Only
656 Posts
MC: After your Moab experience, what do you think about the Timbrens limiting upward wheel travel? Some guys have mentioned removing them before wheeling, but you seem to have proven that they are indeed a great addition to the suspension for off roading rather than a hindrance.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think they help you, I won't take em off at all. I have wheeled with and without them, never without them again. Although it seems that they must limit the stuff, I haven't noticed and no one else has either, no one knew I had em this trip. Had I not had em, I'd have two tire sticking through my fenders right now huh? It's easy to say you don't need em when they cost $300 a set or four. Remember that was Factory shocks with 35K miles on em, a Daystar spacer, and about 200 extra Lbs on the front end as opposed to factory with Bumper and winch and extras. IF I had a camera on em, you'd see the Timbrens sqish down to same thickness as a factory bumpstop, so the only difference is that Timbrens make it a soft landing and factory a stiff and harsh one. But, I am not sure the AC springs will allow Timbrens to work on the front since they are so stiff. MC

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Even with the AC coils, they should still do their job. I have shown that after a day of wheeling, the stock bump stops are still making contact with the AC coils, so the Timbrens would too.

·
Registered
893 Posts
does anyone have a good copy of this video? i can't get it to work. Also, where exactly is the hole supposed to be drilled? thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts