Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey need some expert knowledge. I get a vibration randomly while driving. Happens around 1800-2100 rpms with cruise set or without sometimes. Usually lasts a few seconds, sometimes up to 10-15 seconds. If i accelerate or decelerate and get out of that rpm range it stops. Doesn't happen all the time. Wondering if its maybe u joints or something else? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
research SMOD if you havn't already!!! our 05's are prone to the radiator failing and mixing with transmission fluid and killing both!!!!

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62655&highlight=smod

there is plenty of info on it and how to prevent it. i never had it, but i hear it's like running over rumble strips before you get to a toll stop.

hopefully it's just a universal joint or hub.

hope this helps you out a bit!! good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read up on smod before i bought. PO said the radiator replaced and trans flushed recently when i bought. Anyway to confirm and would replacing the radiator prevent SMOD from happening? Ive kept a eye on the trans fluid and it doesnt look to have coolant in it. Just wanna keep my X running top notch

·
on line
1,739 Posts
They probably replaced the radiator and flushed the tranny because it got SMOD........

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
it they got the updated rad, then yes it will prevent the smod.....unless it was already infected before they replaced it, and just did the poor mans flush. hopefully that is not the case for you! check your transmission fluid and rad. fluid.

have you check your Ujoints yet? any play?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts