Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to narrow a problem with my X and figured I'll reach out to you guys as im thinking it's a transmission problem. X started diving rough yesterday. On the highway at 45-55mph it felt like my tires were out of balance or flat. Rough ride, sounded like a tank, or real loud off road tires, vibration thru the car. Seemed like some power was lost. X is fine for most part at lower and higher speeds. If I let go off gas pedal or flip it neutral at that speed everything runs smooth. Not sure if it's transmission problem or need a tune up. Has 66k on it. Have you had this before? Let me know when you can if this sound familiar. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds like what happened to me when I got the dreaded SMOD. Look for the milk shake like substance in your radiator. If its there, you have a big problem, but at your mileage you should be 100% covered under nissans extended warrenty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
check your u joints! I just had a wicked vibration, so bad i thought it was going to rattle my rear view mirror off. replaced the a bad (seized) u joint on the rear drive shaft and all better now. also, previously had the two u joints replaced on the front shaft too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts