Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stick-on visors, which I got from the dealership back in VA. They have been on for about 4 months. Over the Christmas break and all of my driving, the front passenger one decided to remove itself from the truck. I managed to grab it before it was lost. How do I get it back on there and ensure that it doesn't fly off again? Do I just use some 3M sticky tape? Super glue? Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the wind deflectors.

·
on line
1,059 Posts
Most of the visor are held on by the double sided tape. You should just remove the old tape and buy some of the 3M tape and re-apply it. Just make sure you use some denatured alchohol to clean the surfaces first to make sure there isn't any residue on surface..

·
on line
1,638 Posts
look for the 3M double side tape that's grey. It's much stronger than the white ones and tend to leave less sticky residue.

·
on line
1,059 Posts
xterrock said:
look for the 3M double side tape that's grey. It's much stronger than the white ones and tend to leave less sticky residue.

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the gray tape available for purchase at any fine auto parts store? I have seen the white tape, but never the gray. And I was just joshing you guys about putting super glue. I would never ever do that. :D

·
on line
1,059 Posts
I have seen it at auto parts stores but if you wanna make sure you can find it, I'd hit up your local Home Depot or Lowe's..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts