Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pics from our weekend in Vegas. 1st picture is from the area by Red Rock Canyon, while the rest are in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.. ton of trails out there to wheel in.. even found a secluded beach!!

·
on line
123 Posts
sweet pics

·
on line
631 Posts
the first pis is near my parents house! they live near red rock... the actual red rocks, not the canyon. a few miles north from red rock canyon. i wheel there when i visit vegas (which is right now!) but the trails are becoming scarce as they are developing closer to the mountains now... sad.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
great pics.
I can't wait to get back out that way; got in-laws in henderson so i've always got a place to stay it's just trying to make time to get there.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
great pics man. i frequent vegas regularly for awesome mountain biking in boulder city. I heard there is a OHV system in boulder city. is this true? how do you get to the place where you went?

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The place with the lake.. if you are heading to arizona across the dam, it will be a left turn after the dam and twisty turns on the arizona side.. you will go under the new bridge that is not open yet.. follow that dirt road.. it will take you to the beach.. there is also a couple mining trails (it is posted) off that main trail.. two of them go pretty far back.

·
on line
106 Posts
Hey is red rock canyon on the way to the grand canyon? I am going to Vegas soon and would love to check it out.

·
on line
564 Posts
Sweet pics dude!

Rob

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
06Willy's X said:
Hey is red rock canyon on the way to the grand canyon? I am going to Vegas soon and would love to check it out.
Red Rock Canyon is not on the way from vegas to the grand canyon.. but if you are going to the grand canyon.. then you have to go to Sedona.. some of the most beautiful wheeling on earth. Let me know. the wife and I will meet you up there..

·
on line
106 Posts
Cool, my girl and I will shoot ya a pm I come out that way.

Thanks

·
on line
20 Posts
Question about the "secluded beach" trail...you say there is a "left turn" after you cross the damn. Is it marked? About how far past the damn crossing is it? Any other details about how to get there? I will be in Vegas next month and woul dlike to try it out if I get some time. Thanks.

·
on line
246 Posts
X'dmyjeep-let me know next time you go out-im looking for some peeps to wheel with.

·
on line
246 Posts
and im pretty sure ive been to where your pics are................if your interested we should run anniversary narrows...ive seen stockers get through it with no probs with special attention to your rocker panels.

·
on line
246 Posts
let me know next time you come back-the pic on the beech i think is boulder basin-im pretty sure i know where your at there-did you take the turn off west from the south side of the dam?????????????? there is a hike out there that ive done yrs ago and the road takes you down to the exact spot your X is on the beech i think?

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will definately let you know next time I get out there. Hopefully soon!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts