Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some vegas peeps to go to either burro wash or wheelers pass this weekend-sat or sun or camp at burro wash sat night............burro wash is near lake mead and will be hot but the colorado river is there to swim in and wheelers pass is in the mountains past indian springs so its a way to get out of the heat.

·
on line
631 Posts
wheelers pass sounds good. count me in.

i dont like wheeling in the 100+ degree weather. burro wash is fun, went there a few years ago. i dont feel like driving way out there tho.

im on the far west side of town, near the 215. ive got the only lifted X in the valley, and probably the only one that wheels their new X.

theres some trails out on this side of town, that lead up to red rock canyon. its pretty good for a stock truck and great view of the city. also on the north side by sheep range mountain. take decatur north all the way, past the 215 up the side of the mountain.

·
on line
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im on 215 and durango/close to lee canyon turn off........................i have a trail right out by my house the leads into little redrock through a place ive heard called hellhole canyon-takes you a back way through the mountains into little redrock-still havent been out to little red with my truck. but those are kinda gettin a little hot..................................but wheelers pass cant be too bad---------and ive always wanted to do angels peak up there to. i know where that is, but these trails ive just mention ive been reluctant to do because i dont have anyone to go with.

i did burrowash for my first time wheeling last year and it has gotten worse in spots due to whether damage, you definitely need 4wd in a spot to get back out...............-i think my truck only had like 2000 miles on it. scraped skid up front a couple time from just going to fast and not takin it slow. and on the way out some dumb arse with a big ass fordf250(now youve been down there and have seen how narrow that trail is)was stuck-i had to move some rocks around just to barely squeeze by him and still managed to slam down on a rock denting that welded plate that is right next to where the lca attaches-not a big deal-didnt hit the lca but had a close call with the differential mount. needless to say i learned from that- and i tried to help the guy out but just didnt have the means yet to pull a truck like that.

·
on line
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
driver X said:
i
theres some trails out on this side of town, that lead up to red rock canyon. its pretty good for a stock truck and great view of the city. also on the north side by sheep range mountain. take decatur north all the way, past the 215 up the side of the mountain.

thats is the back way into the wildlife refuge-if you take if far enough it runs right behind gass peak/mountain-thats the tallest peak you see directly north vegas.

im up for anything/suggestions.................mine are wheeler's pass/wildlife refuge(which will be hot probably)/ or lake area....................i really want to do angel's peak-but there is definite pinstripping on that one from what ive heard and wouldnt mind a lift before i do that one-tired of scraping skids and frame.-really only one obstacle that worries me on angel's peak.
there is anniversary narrows at lake mead-been meaning to wheel that but dont go because ill be bored by myself and then we could go down by the water to cool off if needed.

anyway ill get back here later-----------------gotta go work out and pay some bills but just so you know- im glad i joined cause i dont have anyone to wheel with and now hopefull i do.

·
on line
631 Posts
well, when i bought my 97 cherokee... there was a stack of maps under my drivers seat. the owner wanted to wheel in all these places but never did. so i lifted and modded the jeep and did it. i want to run the trails in the X, now that i never had a problem in Moab :cheers:

im out by 215 and Far Hills, near Palo Verde High School... i like wheeling at sunset, just before it gets dark. then coming back when its dark. the coyotes come out at that time, and so do all the other animals. if you want to do a run this weekend let me know! im down for anything!

·
on line
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo driverX----------overcast out so it doesnt feel as hot-may do a run through the wildlife refuge on Mormon Well's road and take the few little side roads out to the 93 and take it bake to I-15 or just come back that way and do a little trek on Alamo or go up to Wheeler's pass around 1600 or so. either today or tomorrow during the day i may go to lake mojave with some buddy's-one with a little jimmie/blazer but is 4x4-not much clearance though and my other buddy has a t100 but hard to get him to go out.

·
on line
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another suggestion-------------------since i dont really think its that hot out-its hot but bareable, we could run out toward valley of fire and run Bitter Springs byway...................and my mom wants to roll with me if i go.

·
on line
631 Posts
im down for a quick run. i PMd you my cell number. call me if you decide to go. and your mom wants to ride with you?! thats awesome!! :cheers:

·
on line
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where do u enter little redrock from???????????? chey and 215 or farhills???????????????????????????

and not sure if gonna do anything tonight----------just woke up from nap to relieve migraine and gettin ready to eat, ill pm ya or text in a bit.............
maybe a quik run into little redrock tonight?????? never been up there with my truck yet-almost got my old hardbody stuck once.
but i was lookin at the whether-and was only 75 at mt charles today-so i was thinkin of doing wheelers pass tomorrow-just to get out of the heat and never done it-could either take it all the way to pahrump and check out carpenter canyon or take it over into trout canyon and over into lovell for some messing around there on several different trails------------also could do a backside of rocky gap into redrock but that makes for a long day-thats kinda why i was thinkin of wheelers with some extra trekin around lovell canyon??????????

·
on line
631 Posts
i enter either thru far hills by where all the big trucks go, or summerlin parkway and 215 intersection. or off charleston west of the 215 where the road goes to one lane, take the next right, go over the curb and rocks, thru the gates, over more curbs and you finally end up in the dirt. they all go to the same place so it dont matter

yea i just got done building a wall on the side of a friends house so i am tired! and you said you live out by durango/215. is that on the north side?? by cenntinal?? cuz then your only like 10 min from me. if your on the south side then its more like 15 min haha.

text me if you wanna do a run tonight. but im free next weekend, and more trucks next weekend too if you wanna do a run then.

·
on line
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks like too late and too tired for tonight............your busy tomorrow? cause im pretty sure my moms and i are going up to wheeler's with a cooler/ice/couple beers/etc. so if you want ill text ya tomorrow................to see whats up? but whats the deal with next weekend you are talking about?

·
on line
631 Posts
im not 100% sure on tomorrow, as i might have to move a hot tub and mark the backyard for a pool... either that or im going to the lake!

text me tomorrow, and we'll see whats up. id rather be wheelin than doing that crap

as for next weekend... if you want to we got a run that we are planning for the weekend. some friends are out of state now, but get back tomorrow night so then we will have a few more trucks that can go. we're the only nissans, and 2 toyotas along with a few other lifted full sizers. i dont like the full sized trucks cuz they are ********... no offense to any ******** reading this... but they look down on us import 4 wheelers. i like to show off and climb in 2wd what they can do only in 4wd :cheers:

·
on line
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well definitely next weekend-ill be ready to go wheeling-be out all day shoping and other shit with my mom. i was just shot from working this week and not much enthusiasm to be out in the sun.............what were you guys thinking of doing next weekend???????????/
i think my mom and i still may go out the wildlife refuge with some beers and cooler and take mormon well road to the picnic area at mormon well...................its about 20miles down the road and may just finish it in the dark to the 93 and to 15 and back home or turn around and come back the way we came...........................if i dont hear from ya here-ill be pm-ing ya or texting ya later in the week. and since it looks like me and you are the only vegas people here ill just keep in touch by pm/text. peace out........................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts