Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 X-Terra S. Just installed the K&N FIPK, and as soon as i turn the car on, my VDC Off light comes on, and never turns off. it doesnt flash or anything just stays on, like if you pushed a button. Anyone have any ideas? This whole VDC thing after reading about it in the manual sounds like a very finnicky thing. I followed the K&N directions to a T.

Hopefully someone can help

thanks

Tom

·
on line
423 Posts
usmc xterra said:
I would think it is totally unrelated. It may go off by itself after some driving cycles. MC
Yup, I agree. Mine kicked on for a few drives. I was ready to call the dealer and it went off, give it a couple of tries.

The K & N wouldn't affect diff....now, a check engine light.....

·
on line
589 Posts
When I installed mine, same thing happened. I figured I would give it a day, and sure enough later on it turned off and didn't go back on. I would suggest driving the car around for a bit, then try turning the VDC on and off again.

·
on line
423 Posts
usmc xterra said:
Give me an 'X' and hold the VDC will ya? MC
Better yet, how about a VDC martini, dirty?

I guess maybe I don't understand how an air filter change would affect the VDC (responding to the note above that it had happened to another X owner). Does it just confuse the h377 out of the computer? It just doesn't make sense, so now I am curious :drunken:

·
on line
196 Posts
If you disconnect the battery and then drive around it should go off. When I installed my intake it did the same thing. I also recently moved my VDC button over by the mirror controls and the VDC light stayed on. I just drove around the block and it went off.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
You could always just make a service appointment at your local dealer. That usually solves it...

...the act of making a service appointment scares away Xterra dash lights.

·
on line
246 Posts
I just installed my FIPK kit and the VDC light did stay on. The only thing I can thnik that would cause it to come on is that when you install the kit you havw to disconect the negative battery cable. The VDC light turned off before I could go 500 feet.

·
on line
54 Posts
When you disconnect the battery the VDC forgets its cal data. You have to take it for a coule of drives to let it recal it self. Mine did that when I installed the remote starter. I think it talks about it in the manual some where. The ECU also looses its emissions cal data so your truck may also seem to loose a little zip after a couple of drives. Another jewl i found in the manual, but i forget where.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts