Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had found several references in here to similiar problems. Any ways this is what i am facing right now. I just finished Top gun spacers in front and PRG Deavers mini pack with Bilstein 5125 in back. Now every time i hit onramp or offramps the VDC I believe kicks in and makes that nasty noise from the brake booster area and tries to straighten me out. I also keep getting slip lights on the dash. I put the 10 ply BFG AT KO 285/75 on before the lift with out seing this problem. Did any one else figure out there problem like this or just learned to deal with it. I suppose if I take offramps in a more normal fashion and not like in my S2000 it would help. LOL.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Well you do need to make some minor adjustments to the cables for the electronic sensors and such that go down to the wheels. Up front i switch how they were contected to allow for more travel. If i take a tires off tomorrow for a radflow adjustment ill take a photo to make what im refering to more clear.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I'm one of the guys who posted about this recently. I have an elaborate set-up with much wider front track, and it wreaks havoc on the system that decides when you're "slipping" enough for the VDC to kick in.

I live with it by turning my VDC off sometimes (although I'm cautious about that, because annoying though it is I stil think it could save a roll-over). But even with the VDC off, the ABLS will still kick in when you slip enough, and do basically the same thing. There's probably a computer fix, but I live with it. And either way, the X handles corners amazingly well for an SUV (one reason it outshines the FJ, IMO).

Really, I just back off a little sometimes. After all, a lifted truck has a higher center of gravity, and why tempt fate, right?

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I should slow down but three wheels aorund corners is kinda fun. I am glad it is not just me. Mark, thanks I look forward to your pics.

·
on line
99 Posts
I have no proof of this, but after my lift I had the VDC kicking in all the time. After a while the computer seemed to have "learned" the new height maybe? What I'm trying to say is that it never seems to come on now, even when going down hill and cornering. See what happens in a month or so, maybe your driving just changes or the computer dumbs down what it thinks is slipping.

·
on line
10 Posts
There is a company that makes a computer mod. for the jeep Commander. I will find the mag I saw it in and post the info soon.

My X does the same thing so I just slow down and deal with.

·
on line
238 Posts
Mine did it when I first had it lifted. I seems to have learned as well and does not have any issues with ramps and the VDC. The ECU's in the vehicles now days are intelligent and do adjust to ones driving style, so maybe it has learned and adjusted for the difference in driving style related to my lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts