Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went outside this morning, was about to get inside my X and I notice some shiny stuff on the ground at the rear drivers tire. I look at it closely and notice it on my tire too and all over the ground. I look at my fuel door and notice that it was cleaned (wiped with a rag) and see some lint on the plastic part... I open my fuel door, remove the gas cap and see sugar in the filler neck. Some ******* poured sugar & water down my gas tank. FUCK!!

The other day my locking fuel cap broke, so I put the stock one on until this weekend when I was going to buy another locking cap... I should have replaced it that day. So now my X is at the dealership, and my insurance is telling me 10 days total for inspection and replacement of parts if necessary... so now I am driving around in a Maxima 3.5 rental... can't complain about that... but I am pissed about what happened to my truck.

This summer has sucked.. ever since I moved back to Vegas in May has been nothing but problems in this damn city... I need to move.

·
on line
551 Posts
Now that just plain sucks. I thought that crap went out years ago. Guess not.
Good thing you caught it before you started it or it would have been a lot worse.
Good luck on the repairs.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
I wonder if that was someones attempt at telling you to get something "Green" safe with better gas millage. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in this day in age.
Sorry to hear about this man, I would want to kick some arse after that one.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
npgtech said:
I wonder if that was someones attempt at telling you to get something "Green" safe with better gas millage. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in this day in age.
I doubt that... my sister drives a Frontier, parked next to me. My moms Titan was outside too... nothing happened to either truck. My neighbor across the street drives a Escalade on 24s and no vandalism to his. I think I know who did this too...

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lonesome Crow said:
Move up here to Reno we'll find something for ya.
Is Reno building like it is here in Vegas?? I wanna move to a place where it is peaceful and quiet... and the trail entrance to the mountains are at my back door like it was in Utah... I'm gonna have to take a trip to Reno sometime, whenever I get my X back... and see what its like there. ROAD TRIP!

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha! what the hell is that?! im installing nigh vision security cameras tomorrow... I had them at my house in Utah, after my Jeep got broken in to a few times... they never came around after i installed them... so now i am installing them at my parents place, then gotta buy new ones for my place. i love em, i can see every car and everything that is going on when i am away from the house too! i think i got them at costco or sams club... whichever wasnt closed the day i bought em... Motorola wired nightvision cameras, 2 mounted on both sides of the garage facing the driveway. i think it will be suffecient to catch them again...

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems man. :(

·
on line
4,593 Posts
That sucks that someone would do that. Certainly best keep an eye out as they have obviously targeted you.

However, contrary to popular belief sugar isn't as harmful as most believe. It doesn't dissolve in gasoline. Likely all that will have to happen is a couple fuel filter changes, and/or drop the tank and empty it depending on the dose.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
That is just not OK. Sorry to hear that happened. Mythbusters did a recent show involving sugar in the gas tank. I don't think that it involved a sugar/water mix. Good luck!

·
on line
1,361 Posts
if you know who it is, what are you going to do to them, either revenge or legally?

either way that sucks man.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My own brother did it.... he decided to pour sugar in my gas tank.
I got his truck towed the day before because it was sitting in front of my house for over a month, unregistered, uninsured, flat tire, doesnt run... He has no form of transportation to or from work and relies on others to do it for him... well he is almost 30 years old, still lives at home, and bums off my parents. So i took it into my own hands and started to fix his problem... I bought him a moped to go to work, never thanked me for it but oh well... he sells the moped and buys one of those little chopper motorcycles so he can look cool. That thing is a piece of crap and is always breaking down... its not even street legal. And he has over $3k in unpaid traffic tickets... with no warrant for his arrest... the court system here sucks.

So he got pissed because I towed his truck, that he cant fix... and he and his friend decide to pour sugar in my gas tank... I can get my truck fixed, so Im not worried about that... the fact that he did it and tried denying it, thats what I am pissed about. So I went to my parents place this morning, grabbed all of his stuff and threw it outside... if anybody wants some clothes its outside, FREE!

·
on line
3,218 Posts
My own brother did it.... he decided to pour sugar in my gas tank.
Wow, that story brings the suck, big time.
You tried to help.. The next logical step is to make him walk w/ a limp the rest of his life. Good luck DX.

·
on line
120 Posts
Sorry man!

driver X,
I know, I don't like this town much as well!
But at least my brother lives on the other side of the country.
Hope you stay and open your shop soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts