Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
1,170 Posts
Used Xterra engines are now for sale to import motor buyers at the Got Engines company website. These engines are purchased using the company acquisitions team to provide buyers with the chance to buy a low mileage unit ready for vehicle installations. Read the full story at...

More...

·
Registered
6 Posts
buyer beware

I recently purchased one of these so-called "low mileage" gems from this organization a month ago listed to have 39xxx miles. Yes It had a 3 year warranty and free shipping... Well the warranty is nearly useless if you do your own oil changes, they want receipts from a shop. It also does not cover parts that fail in the result of a non covered part failure. It gets better... I order the engine, a few weeks later it arrives clean as a whistle. I was shocked how clean it was actually. the nuts on the exhaust manifolds weren't even rusty but you could tell it wasn't just washed as there was residue. I was impressed so before I did anything I started my investigation with engine still attached to the pallet. there was a "stock" number written on the block and the shipping invoice listed the salvage yard so I looked them up and there it was... searched the stock number and found a 2005 Xterra, white with front damage... mileage "unknown". it had multiple pics of the truck along with the vin decal inside drivers door jamb. Next I did a vin search and got a hit from an online auction which had some of the same pics and included a pic of the odometer which read 135xxx miles... yay... Now Im :angry5:I called gotengines.com and explained the situation and asked what was the solution, they offered a refund which i accepted. Of course I was told I will get a refund when they get the engine back which they claimed THEY would send the truck to pick up the following week (2 weeks ago btw). haven't heard a word from them since and I still have it crated up waiting. The good news to this story is I used my Discover card, you know, "the card that pays you back". Initiated a charge back... all is well...

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
it's SEO. filler content

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I had a similar experience with a JDM low mileage engine distributor. I had a '93 Maxima I bought with a locked up engine. All the JY around here only had engines with 180K+ miles. I found this JDM distributor based out of Houston. They said they could get me an engine with 140K on it for $$$$ or a JDM one with 50k for $800 more. I chose the lower mileage one. They said all the engines are ran and tested etc etc. My engine shows up. There is no way it was ran or tested. The coil is shattered on it, crank pulley and bent to hell, and apparently during the wreck this engine was in, it jumped timing and bent the valves. I had to fight the company for months. They were only offering to replace it with a high mileage engine, no refund on the premium I paid for the newer engine etc. I finally got a full refund and got an engine elsewhere. Last I saw that company went out of business.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Used Xterra engines are now for sale to import motor buyers at the Got Engines company website. These engines are purchased using the company acquisitions team to provide buyers with the chance to buy a low mileage unit ready for vehicle installations. Read the full story at...

More...
2300.00 for a o7 replacement with 60K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts