·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got the Ridax adapter that does not send a voltage signal back to stereo, therefore my stereo didn't even recognize that there was anything plugged in to it.

Next I purchased the Cable Jive cable and while it did send a signal to my stereo, the RF head unit would still not play sound. See, the stereo uses the ipod connection to also control playlists and navigate all ipod functions through the XM radio interface. Therefore each playlist (or whatever menu you are in) appears as an XM radio station. Neither adapter tells the radio that it is playing a playlist or in a menu so the head unit won't even start to accept an audio signal even though it knows something is plugged in.

So if you have an ipod accessory that simply is an audio interface device (FM transmitter, stereo dock) you could still use these accessories.

For others that offer Ipod control (i.e. the RF stereo), these probably won't work for you.

I hope someone develops a real converter soon and then everyone else reverse engineers it and the price is as cheap as all the ipod accesories.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts