Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Intro Comments: My old truck got totaled and I needed a set of wheels fast. The General Contractor at my job site had just started driving this 07 Nissan Xterra to work, I asked if it was new. He said no its my wives and she was tired of driving stick so we are going to sell it. OH REALLY.....Gave me a good deal, bought it outright and this is truly one of the BEST vehicles I have ever driven.

This build thread might not be as awesome as others since its only a 2wd but I am going for clean semi aggressive stance and some performance with a clean interior setup. I do some "off roading" but not as extreme and no rock climbing etc. More high speed trails and goofing off more than anything.

Username: Immortal4419

Make: Nissan
Year: 2007
Model: Xterra
Trim: S 6MT/2wd
Color: Super Black

MODS

Electrical:
Kenwood DNX-140 Touch screen in dash GPS/Stereo
Infinity 6x9 front door speakers
Infinity 6.5 back door speakers
2- JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 Subs (saves space sounds good)
4- Channel Power Bass amp 120 watts each door
2- Channel Power Bass amp 800 watts each sub

Exterior:
Curt 2" Trailer hitch receiver

ORDERED:
Shrockworks Radiator Skid plate (great local Houston Company)
Bora 1.5" Hub centrical/rim centrical spacers
Rough Country 2.5" Suspension lift

TO DO LIST:
Long Tube Headers
Highflow Cats
Gibson Catback exhaust
Air intake

Shrockworks Engine pil pan skid plate
Shrockworks Tranny Skid Plate
Shrockworks Gas tank skid plate

Roof rack and lights
Window tint

radar detector
Viper security alarm
go-pro camera mounts

Paint outside plastic/Trim and rear bumper

I'm sure that there will be much more to come, especially as I get ideas from these forums.

PHOTOS

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
leave em off! you'll notice most of us don't run them
I had seen that most do not have them. Hopefully my lift and spacers will come in and I have time to install them both. Will look real nice with that extra clearance. One of my lady friends is already complaining about having to get in and out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got my 2.5" suspension lift in today from Rough Country. Needless to say UPS destroyed the box and I am missing couple parts. The parts I do have are marred bad enough that the powder coating is scratched up bad. I HATE UPS. I have had this problem with them forever. May stop buying from people unless they have a Fed Ex or USPS option.

Rough country has the missing parts on their way and they were great to deal with. No questions asked and I should have the parts in my Thursday.

So much for installing this tonight. Might get a wild hair later and paint some trim.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out. Some color would look cool on the shackles and spacers

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out. Some color would look cool on the shackles and spacers

Thats actually a good idea man!

So I painted some trim the other day, using Rustoleum flexidip, it looked GREAT and was a huge improvement..... however it will not hold up. Ive seen some other members have plastidipped their trim, what are you all using? Do I need to use actual Plastidip brand?

Parts pile in the garage is getting larger, So far I have in the lift kit, new wheel well liner from nissan, Replaced the license plate lamps, and spacers are two days out.

Before

After

Running Boards off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So after work I headed over to my shop and put my Bora 1.5" spacers on. These are hub and rim centrical. They are an exact fit to the hubs and even needed some work to fit. Very impressed. After the install the ride actually seemed to improve. Maybe its mental and its possible my wheels weren't put on well from before. Here are some before and after pictures. 1.5" spacers 265/70/16 tires, all stock.

Before spacers:

During:

After:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the bad news is that I had engine misfires, failed cats that got sucked up into the motor. Nissan couldn't tell me exactly what happened but tht they could fix it for $13,500.00. LOL so currently my X is at a good motor shop now. I miss my X!

The good news is that I will have a 3 year 100k mile warranty, all new gaskets, plugs, injectors and mounts at a minimum. I also just ordered my Doug Thorley long tube headers and will be doing my exhaust at the same time. DT headers will math up to a pair of high flow cats, then to the Gibson catbak. Once I catch up financially I will be adding a bullydog or similar tuner. All these new parts are the only thing keeping me sane.

I still have my 2.5" lift but haven't installed it, when I do I will up my tires to 285/75/16. Will post more as I get more done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn sorry to hear about that. Glad you were able to stick it out with the X and get a rebuild done.

Since I got home from Afghanistan my X has been my therapy. Working on it or just driving and light wheeling (2wd but really it's the driver :headbang:) I had to look seriously at a new used car for the price but just couldn't do it. The rest of my X is in phenomenal shape and having a rebuilt engine with warranty will be great. If this motor ever dies it will get a full frame off restore with a twin turbo diesel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK folks, Haven't checked in in a good while. Ive got my X back from the rebuild and did a couple things.

Install Update:
Doug Thorley Longtube Headers
Rough Country 2.5"Lift
Yokohama Geolander A/T-S tires

Next up:
Gibson Exhaust
K&N or Volant Intake
Bullydog tuner
Bedline trim
Motor skid plate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts