Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just found these UCA's (that looks just like the old SPC model) while looking to replace my old OEM's with some aftermarkets, essentially to prevent CBC. My X has a 2inch lift in the front. They are priced at $317 + tax.
Has anybody used them? Any recommendation?
Peripheral Output device White Black Audio equipment
Automotive tire Camera accessory Cameras & optics Composite material Bicycle part

Registered
2006 Off-road, ADO 2" HD lift, Grabbers
This is my opinion, but I would rather get the known SPC ones off rockauto. BUT, someone has to be the first to get these and try them.
I know a lot of Amazon parts are Chinese copycats, and there are no know test comparing them to a big name brand. Looking at D&D, the supplier of the UCA, they have a lot of parts for sale. Remote control trucks, wheel spacers, snorkels, rear bumper difuser holes, etc.... they make so many different parts who knows what the quality is like. 馃槙

On the Rockauto side the SPC clones by Mevotech are $235 each.
ADO are $539 loaded, with free shipping. $270 each.

I hope this helps some, even though it was just an opinion.

Registered
^ what he said. The Mevotech SPC clones have been installed by a handful here and no problems have been reported. I seem to remember one guy saying they either came in an SPC box, or had SPC stamped on them...can't remember for sure tho.

Registered
I would not buy these. Buy from a big company so you are protected. Who knows how these were made or what kind of or lack of quality control they have. I would buy ones that have been at least tested. Name brand would be even better, they will last the life of the vehicle.

Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
^ what he said. The Mevotech SPC clones have been installed by a handful here and no problems have been reported. I seem to remember one guy saying they either came in an SPC box, or had SPC stamped on them...can't remember for sure tho.
They are stamped SPC. I have the forged models and they have SPC on the balljoints and from memory the forged parts have SPC markings on them as well. I can't explain the cost difference but have heard rumors that Nisstec will price match RockAuto's Mevotechs. Just found a pic...you can see SPC on the forged part.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Tool Gas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.