Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so recently this year i changed out the front pads and rotors and just did the rear pads(rotors were in good shape).... well now the rear rotors are done and need to be changed. i was looking for something to help with more stopping power since i have the big 22" rims.... i feel like this truck goes thru brakes. so any options out there for more stopping power? rotor or pad wise?
also whats the best way to do a brake fluid exchange on these.... thanks for the help

·
Registered
124 Posts
I ended up getting r1 concepts rotors and pads for the xterra and they are amazing. I have had them on for a good while and they look still brand new. I bought them through ebay. And it was 500 after duties and taxes for me.. very good buy

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
keep in mind, that stopping power and longevity don't go hand in hand. brakes that bite harder and stop better usually don't last as long...just to keep that in mind. also depends on your driving style...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both the rbc n r1 stuff is nice.....pocket probably will allow for the r1 stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Why wasn't i a still born? Lol auto correct I'm sure that was suppose to say stillen.

They don't bite as good as I expected. I thought they would be more aggressive.

Would have liked to get something with the most bite for our stock config.

They bite a little more than stock and fade a little less. Guys with 350z don't even like either from what I read.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes auto correct got me. Funny some of yhe **** it changes words too lol.

Well then I will stay away from the stillen products then.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 37 Posts