Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
We sleep inside the X, and I'm on a constant search of reducing the number of things I have to move/shift/lift to take it from driving mode to sleeping mode. The shelf has been great for sleeping under and as a hold-down while driving. I'm wondering, do you think it's strong enough to be a shelf for a loaded 50 quart cooler (~50+ lbs)?

·
Registered
176 Posts
We sleep inside the X, and I'm on a constant search of reducing the number of things I have to move/shift/lift to take it from driving mode to sleeping mode. The shelf has been great for sleeping under and as a hold-down while driving. I'm wondering, do you think it's strong enough to be a shelf for a loaded 50 quart cooler (~50+ lbs)?

Take a look at the Olympic Mountaineer rack for the Cherokee. I just installed one and it allows you to sleep with your legs under and the rack is rated for 300#. Its a nice setup.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Take a look at the Olympic Mountaineer rack for the Cherokee. I just installed one and it allows you to sleep with your legs under and the rack is rated for 300#. Its a nice setup.
Hmm... That looks a lot like the Garvin. Issue I have with those is the lost width for sleeping under and the fact that they're too tall for me to open my cooler when it's on the top rack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ihss2v swssswwww

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts