Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put in 2 5x3 partol 55w white fog lights in my bumper and let me tell you that they are bright as hell. I was shoping in walmart and saw them and just had to have them. putting them in and running the wires was not hard at all it was just time consuming cus it was my first install of lights EVER!! Once i got everything hooked up and tried to flip the switches nothing worked!!! after about two hours of retracing my steps i finally figured out what was the matter. the three ground wires that i had put in was not working due to the screw that i was using had a thick coat of paint. so i had to find a alternitive, so i put the ground to the airconditioning pipe bracket and the other to some random screw. and finally the other ground that hooks into my sweet led on my airplane switches to a screw by my gas peddle. finally they worked and they look sick all in all it took me about 4 hours to do with all the trouble and by myself with no exsperance in anything like this. i will post pics tomarrow in the morning before i leave for my lake house

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok so here are the pics of the lights i will also post another article with pics on how i did it because i looked around and the only one i could find was MC's plans witch are good but are not what i was looking for

i mounted them right above my lisence plate

I got these cool airline switches at radio shack for 3 bucks with a led on it its pretty sick. only one is hooked up because i didnt get my hella 500's yet

and the finished product they are only 55 watt but they still light up the road pretty well

·
on line
564 Posts
Looks good...I'll be looking for the how to!

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts