Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
We have a lot of open items for sale or wanted.

If you have items that have sold please add to the topic SOLD so a moderator can go through and lock them.

If you are looking for something and found it please add to the topic FOUND so a moderator can go through and lock them.

Let's try and keep this a clean section, it can get out of hand very quickly.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've now messaged a few people looking to see if their items are still for sale for myself and find out they are sold. This is VERY frustrating and I'm sure it's happening to a lot of people.

If your item has sold, please add a post to your thread stating that it's sold. This way we can lock it.

If your looking for an item and have gotten one, please add a post to your thread stating that you've gotten one!

Please go back through YOUR items and see if you still have them for sale or if they have been filled and post accordingly. If you know something is sole because you bought also feel free to post.

Thanks.

·
TNX Administrator
20,476 Posts
Reminder to all posters out there to update your threads, so we can weed out the completed threads - Thank you.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Just FYI for those who dont know, you can update the title to "Delete", "Sold" or "Found" by going to edit post, then clicking "go advanced". That will allow you to change to title to make it easier for the mods to keep things cleaned up. I only post this info because many people do not know how to edit thread titles themselves.

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
Please Update the Status of your FS Items!!

To All Forum Members:

Just another friendly reminder to update your FS listings.

If you have sold your item please amend the first word of the title of your original FS post to read SOLD. Example: SOLD: Cool Widget for Xterra.

If the item is no longer for sale please amend the first word of the title to read CANX. Example CANX: Cool Widget for Xterra.

By doing so the forum administrators and moderators will know that it is appropriate to lock the thread.

Here is how to amend the title:

Click Edit then click Go Advanced. You can now scroll up to the title bar and make your changes. Then click Preview Changes to be sure it reads the way it should and if it does then click Save Changes.

If editing the title doesn't work for you, an alternative would be to send an Administrator or Moderator a PM and ask us to update your post for you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Moderation Team

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
A recent attempt was made to resurrect a FS thread started in early 2010 which had not been inactive for more than 8 years.

It would be a better practice to start a new FS thread and ask a moderator to close the old one. Some FS threads are simply too old to update.

Thank you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is there a way to 'archive' old Open threads that people don't update as Sold, CANX, etc? Frustrating to open an item with 'is it still for sale?' comment on a very old For Sale. Why not archive 3 mos or older, posters just have to repost if needed.

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
Thank you for your suggestion.

The For Sale subforum is monitored daily.

Old For Sale ads appearing at the top of the list with new posts are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Some are closed but others are not depending upon the circumstances. Sometimes a new post that improperly "bumps" an ad to the top of the list is moved to the Site Graveyard which puts that ad back in its original position in line.

While action by the moderation team can be almost immediate, it is not always possible. Our apologies for any inconvenience that may cause.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I don’t see a way to edit your post or title to update your items after the forum updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts