Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to update the Head unit on my 2011 Pro4X to a full double DIN multi media unit. I am held back tho because I do not fully understand how an aftermarket head unit will work with th stock Rockfor Fosgate system that came with my truck? Can I plug and play a new aftermarket head unit into the stock system and expect the system to perform as it has with the stock unit? Sorry for the dumb questions... Appreciate the help from these forum members.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
I installed a pioneer double din head unit in my 12 pro4x with rf system. Everything except the aux in and factory Bluetooth mic work great, I installed my stereos mic where the stock one is and don't really have a need for an aux in with my new head unit so I'm happy.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
149 Posts
I installed a pioneer double din head unit in my 12 pro4x with rf system. Everything except the aux in and factory Bluetooth mic work great, I installed my stereos mic where the stock one is and don't really have a need for an aux in with my new head unit so I'm happy.
Posted via Mobile Device

The stock mic picks up too much road noise in my vehicle at speeds above 45mph.

Did you notice that people can actually hear you on the aftermarket mic, mounted in the stock location, over 45mph?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts