Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just got back from the body shop to get an estimate on the damage. I was in a front end collision last week, and the front bumper and brackets and crap are all bent and need to be replaced. This accident has made me want to order my SHROCK bumper NOW!! So that is what I will do after I finish typing this haha.

Quick question for those out there... the following is a pic from MC

As stated from "dpatton" on Aug 12 (in the How To post), the piece below the bumper fascia is the actual bumper, correct? Is this the upper or lower bumper piece?? On the upper bumper piece, there are 2 brackets (one on each side) but the accident bent my passenger side one. Do I need to replace this bracket to mount the Shrock bumper?

Is there someone that can take pics of how the bumper is mounted to the chassis? That way I know which brackets to order, if any. I am ripping off my bumper tomorrow (the plastic fascia piece) to examine more of the damage. I wasn't going to order the Shrock bumper until later this year, but I guess I am ordering now!

I read MCs writeup on the install, but I just want to make sure I don't need any factory/stock pieces, brackets, bolts, clips etc... because most of mine are bent now :angryfire:

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the upper bumper mount? right below the grille, in front of the AC condenser and below the trans cooler... the passenger bracket is bent and so is the upper bumper, I just wanted to know if I needed it.

·
on line
463 Posts
I was just out there looking under the front.
The stock front bumper and brackets come off for the Shrockworks bumper. His brackets
bolt direct to the frame. I think the part you are referring to part of the stock bumper. In viewing my picture; that grey bracket is from Shrockworks.
You can also check the How-Tos for the front bumper install,,,,,,,lotsa' pics there too !

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! Thanks prod... I was looking at the pics in the How to section but couldnt find any of the upper bumper support. This is the piece where the winch sits, right below the grille. Its stamped steel and bolts to the left and right side of the AC condenser. I was wondering if I needed this piece, but I guess not. I looked at several other pics and nobody seems to have this piece installed with the SHROCK...

But I just got done straightening the front brackets and such so that my factory bumper can be put back on for now, everything went smooth and now I will order my SHROCK front bumper!

·
on line
463 Posts
Cool !
The winch mounts direct to the Shrockworks bumper. ( See four bolts on the front )
Feel free to ask anymore, we like to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts