Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PRG lift came in today and I am having doubts about what I really need to install. What do you really gain from an aal if your only a novice offroader? I am debating the plus/minus of this question.

I ordered radflows (with heavy springs) w/o any UCA, bils, and an aal for the rear. I would really prefer to have my X sit level with 285's installed. That being said I will not be replacing the UCA. Looking at it I have two options before I lift on Sunday.

1) Keep the rake and add the aal in the back while also dealing with the diff angle and possibly warranty.
2) Just lift the front with the radflow and adjust for level height. Maybe just take the rear sway bar off and add some some bump stops for off road action.

Living in Louisiana only allows me to offroad about twice a year so I am still a novice in that respect. I also have a 7 yr/75000 warranty that I do not want to fight over at a dealership if something breaks offroad. This is my daily driver as well. I am going to run 285's (but on a 17" rim see sig).

Pictures:I really like the way this truck sits:

From the look of it, I can not see any rear lift on it. Does anyone know what this setup is? I am after that truck's stance to sum up. What would you more experienced guys suggest number one or number two?

·
on line
68 Posts
I have the same set up in the front, the 2" radflows for use with the stock uca's. The uca contact is terrible and it makes it feel like the front suspension is bottoming out the majority of the time. in hignsight, I would have got the radflows with the increased downward travel which require the tc or prg uca's. I would go with the tc uca's, because the monkeys most shops have doing wheel alignments won't be able to adjust the PRG uca's.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
d1978k said:
I have the same set up in the front, the 2" radflows for use with the stock uca's. The uca contact is terrible....

then you sir, have a defective radflo...possibly....call greg asap to get this resolved, i have one with contact and he sent a replacement free of charge, no more contact!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts