Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the niora run at Rausch creek this past weekend I noticed my front skid was dented and a weld had let loose on the skid when I came off the trails :shaking2:
someone there said that jim warrianties his welds and I should give him a call (now I'm thinking yeah right )
when Monday rolled around I built up the nerve to call Jim with my question about the welds.
I couldn't believe it was as simple as "well just send me a picture so I can see it"
three hours later I called before he closed up for the day and to my absolute suprise he says "well you have to wait for the next run and I'll replace it"
man do I wish the rest of the industry where like that, I'm still in shock over how simple he made it and how he stands behind his work 100% enough said!!!
THANKS JIM :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
on line
2,459 Posts
There was a post some where that someone bent a slider and he replaced it.

He definitely stands behind is product.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, Darrin (Shodan) was the one who bent the slider (and we are still not 100% sure how he did it).

Jim is great.

·
on line
107 Posts
Shrock is a Saint...esp compared to the rest of the industry.

Other makers tell you "HEY, its a slider (Or skid plate, or bumper or shackle, etc....), you abused it and broke it....go away"

Jim says..."You broke it? Damn, you must have slammed the sheet out of it ....I'll send you another one"

:D

I mean, dents and gouges and scrapes, some tweaks, etc... of offroad armor and parts are expected...but breaking it is not...and if you break it...Jim is genuinely surprised, and takes care of you.

He's had to do about 3 or 4 items I'm aware of...and one of them I believe the item had been chromed, and suffering from hydrogen embrittlement...and he took care of it anyway.

:D

·
on line
2,077 Posts
jim does what any person in his position should do. if you're going to make a product and state it's general purpose as protection that's what it should do. if it breaks it's not doing it's job.

for the amount of products hims has sent your 3-4 replacements is a very very small amount.

i've dealt with so many companies (no just in the offroad market) that do not stand behind the craftsmanship of their products that it comes as such a surprise when someone does.

i had the barrings in a fan go up on my aquarium chiller a few weeks back...chiller was out of warrenty so i called up current usa (company that made the chiller) and asked how i could purchase a new fan assembly, and before i could finish my question they had a new one in the mail and on it way to my house free of charge!....basically, they stood behind their product even though it was out of warrenty.....that's what any company should do!

jim is a good person to deal with, even though i have no personal experience with him as of yet, when i order some parts in the future i will have no qualms about ordering from him and expecting quality products.

·
on line
463 Posts
My two cents;
Thanks to all who have supported Jim.
I have " been a supporter for all of the time I've known of him.
God Bless the small business man !

Through all of the trials and grief of owning your own business,,, Jim has always worked his hardest to help customers and the industry !

If Jim makes a product, I know it's made to the very best of Standards and He will back the product and us.
( No matter how crazy we can get ! )
Jim B

·
on line
45 Posts
Well, that settles it I guess, its a call to Schrockworks tomorrow to get mine ordered. Now, black or grey?

I'm leaning towards black.

Regards,
Marty

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Thats awesome! There needs to be more like Jim. I cant wait to get my sliders, I was told about another week and they will be there! YAY!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Thanks so much guys, I'm truly flattered. Without all of you I wouldnt even have a business!

I dont have an official warranty statement, but it's basically "If it breaks, we'll fix it" If it's just dented....it kinda depends.....where the dent is and what the circumstances were. Example...skid plates...they are supposed to get dented absorb abuse, but if you bend a slider tube in a really obvious area...I'll probably replace it.

Thanks again, you guys are great!

·
on line
358 Posts
That is a great attitude Jim. Now I just need to save enough of my dimes for a front bumper. What is the wait time at this point for a front bumper?

·
on line
111 Posts
I'm 7 weeks into my 5 week wait FWIW.

·
on line
97 Posts
I am hoping I can get some sliders for "X" mass.. Haha. And of course they will come from Jim!

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Yes Jim, I too am curious what the waiting time is for a front bumper nowadays.

·
on line
20 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Yes Jim, I too am curious what the waiting time is for a front bumper nowadays.
I ordered my bumper on August 7th. I called yesterday to check on the status and was told that it would be power coated at the end of this week and shipped next week. That would make it about a week late.

·
on line
91 Posts
I ordered mine 09/04/07 and was told 4 to 6 weeks for my bumper. Called on monday and was told it might be shipped end of next week. All i can do is hope their right , the wait is the worst part.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Heck no, the best part is getting to harass Jim about the delivery time.....no matter how long it takes, you can whine until you get em! Then........ you order more of his stuff to get a new whining license. He don't mind. I got about all I could, I was thinking of ordering more for the heck of it. MC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts