Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Staying somewhat in line with this thread, I recently purchased a set of Firestone Air Bags (#2409) to reduce/eliminate the bottoming out issue and installation requires removal and replacement of the stock Bump stops. Been spraying the bump stop hardware with PB Blaster for 2 days while replacing rear pads and rotors.

Attempted loosening one bolt and could tell I was going to snap off the bolt head so stopped before I had an issue. Initially I couldn't tell if weld nuts or simple hardware was used. Through this thread and a couple of other references in the forum I now have the info I need to be able to continue this installation. Weld nuts are used and removal is not a major issue (Thanks JZXatv)

BTW, Firestone Ride Rite Air helper spring kits (#2409) are still available in limited quantities. I called the manufacturer to confirm availability and then had to convince SD Truck Springs (online Distributor) to follow up and they had them drop shipped to me direct.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't had any issues and they have felt great. I would not install these unless you are running 2.5"-4" extended travel shocks and springs. If you did you would be hitting them all day long.
Wow. I'm glad you said that on this thread...even if it was the last comment! :)
I wonder if anyone has a recommendation for an upgraded bump stop when running standard suspension travel... i.e., no lift? 2015 Pro-4x

21 - 22 of 22 Posts