Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: Scheming and planning....

TOTM: May 2020

TOTM: August 2017

Username: Un4seen4

Xterra Nickname: Pepé Le PU-its black with a white top, plates had PU in it so the name was natural...

Make: Nissan
Year: 2010
Model: Xterra
Trim: Off Road
Color: Super Black
Mileage:
100,500 (2/15)

MODS

Exterior:
MeltMod (4/17)
Black Steelies (4/17)
Roof rack delete (1/19)
Roof White out (5/17)

Lighting/Electrical:
2x2 Cubes for fogs (5/17)
20 something inch hidden combo light bar (6/17)
BlueSea Fuse Box (01/18)
Custom shift console switch insert (2/16)
2x 7" roof rack light bars (4/16)
16" center light bar (4/16)
2x rear rack cubes (4/16)
Fridge hard wire 12V socket (4/16)
Maxterra super bight back up lights (8/17)

Interior:
lots of dust.....

Armor:
P&P Tube winch bumper (5/17)
Shrock Engine Skid (5/17)
NrockXs Rad Skid Plate (5/17)
P&P Trans Skid (5/17)
P&P T-Case Skid (5/17)
Custom Al Gas Tank Skid (5/17)
P&P Rock Sliders (5/17)
Maxterra dual jerycan carrier (8/17)
ARB Diff Cover (10/17)
Shock Mount Skids (6/17)

Suspension/Steering:
SPC Titan UCAs (5/17)
Radflo 2.5" Remote Res Titan Coil Overs 650# (5/17)
PRG Cam Bolts (5/17)
Alcan springs w/ 3.5" lift at 450# over stock (5/17)
PRG U-Bolt flip kit (5/14)
PRG Shackles (6/17)
Radflo Rear Emulsion Shocks (6/17)
Brutal Alignment (1/18)
SuperPro steering rack bushings (11/18)

Engine/Performance:
Volant CAI with Dryfow filter and prefilter. (5/17)
Intake Manifold Spacer w/ longer bolts that actually engage full threads (5/17)
Dualast Plat Battery (5/17)
Plug Change at 100k (2/18)
BullyDog (2/18)
PRG motor mounts (5/19)

Drivetrain:
Raybestos pads all around (4/17)
Raybestos front rotors (4/17)
PRG ext front brake lines (4/17)
Titan rear lines w/ 90* bracket (4/17)
M205 (05 or 06 year) (5/17)
New Moog U-Joints all around (5/17)
New CVs (5/17)
Rear dif breather mod (5/17)
4.10 gears (11/17)
ARB M205 locker (11/17)
ARB compressor w/ oba hook up (3/18)

Tires:
BF Goodrich KM3Ss 315/75/R16 (1/19)

Trail tools/equipment:
Custom Pump pot for H2O
Smittybilt Awing

Camping gear:

Parts to go on:

Projects in the works:

Re-powder coat front bumper, dual battery, redo the suspension on the trailer, rewire it, longer tongue so I can open the carrier with it hooked up.

PHOTOS

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Update:

This past weekend we put in the new Brakes in prep for the swap, too out the front DS for new U-joints and also put the new Tires/Rims on.

90* Bracket, pretty slick to go with the Titan Rear Lines.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Had a busy weekend, got the whole Lift in and the Front Bumper, riding about 40" from Ground to Fender most the way around, well see how it settles with Skids, Sliders and all. Took a time laps of the whole weekends work which I'll try and have done in the next day or two.

Front: Moog Titan LCAs, Cam Bolts, New CVs, fresh Gear Oil for the M205, Radflo Remote Res 2.5" 650# Coil Overs, SPC Titan UCAs, Mood Tire Rod Ends, and put the Front DS back in.

Rear: Alcan 3.5" 450# Leafs, 4* Steel Shims, PRG U-bolt Flip Kit, Spider Track Spacers, and new Rear U-joint.

Kept the Stock Shackles which I'm regretting, once it settles and we have the Rear Carrier on, I know its going to be lower than the Front, which I can't adjust any lower so... Ordered some PRG Shackles. Getting the Stock Shackles out of the Spring Bushings is going to be fun.... :D

Before and After, its about a 2" Drop between Slabs in the After Photo.

Zip Ties for now till I come up with something better;

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
looks fantastic!!!!!!
Thanks man, I really cant being to tell you how massive it feels even compared to the grey one. I think we got like something around 5.5" of a lift on it now....

·
TNX Veteran
4,091 Posts
I like the looks of the blacked-out steelies & no-roof rack... Looks "Official" haha.

Do you have a body lift also or something? Trying to figure out where "5.5 inches" of lift number comes from. When I got my Titan-Radflo 2.5's they came preset at like 1.5" of lift over stock, so I'm curious as to why you can't lower yours much.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the looks of the blacked-out steelies & no-roof rack... Looks "Official" haha.

Do you have a body lift also or something? Trying to figure out where "5.5 inches" of lift number comes from. When I got my Titan-Radflo 2.5's they came preset at like 1.5" of lift over stock, so I'm curious as to why you can't lower yours much.
I like the look too, I may wait a while till I put the Gobi on.

were at 40" at the fender from ground and stock is like what 34.5 or 35.5 so yah... it also has zero armor or rear bumper on it right now so thats prob where im getting all my height from.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,537 Posts
I like the look too, I may wait a while till I put the Gobi on.

were at 40" at the fender from ground and stock is like what 34.5 or 35.5 so yah... it also has zero armor or rear bumper on it right now so thats prob where im getting all my height from.
I was at 3.5" of lift and I was sitting at 38.5 in the rear (stock is 35.6) and 37.75 in the front (stock is 34.25) with 31.8" Hankook dynapros (second season). If you add a decent 33" tire you can for sure get to 39-40".

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Did a day trip down into the Oyhees, went up to Blacks Hill and did a shot little technical trail called Lost Trail.

Weather was spectacular, clear, very little haze and in the low 80s. Hill sides were covered in wild flowers, air smelled sweet like honey.

Lost Trail is always fun, has a little something for everyone. Im thoughrly impressed with the new Suspension set up. Tons of flex Front and Rear, going to try and get more pics next time.

Not quite Flexed out all the way but close.

·
TNX Administrator
20,254 Posts
Yep - I'll say it does look and feel good Un4seen4.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What length Radflos do you have in the back? I was 'mirin your flex in your TOTM pic
Honestly I don't remember, next time its on a lift Ill measure them. I think they might be just a tad short for full drop. I have a few more pics from that trip to post where you can see the flex even better.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the way that bumper looks. How do you feel about the P&P? What was the lead time on it?
Personally I love it, I think it was their second one so their newer ones are a bit more refined. Wait time wasn't long 3/4 weeks I think. Only thing I with i would have done different with it now i have had it is link the bumper with the sliders aussie style

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Awesome pics, I honestly think your X looks killer with 33's. But bigger is better right..... :)

1 - 20 of 166 Posts