Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, I removed and installed a new head unit today. Man having that Scosche harness adapter makes it a nice, quick, easy job. Once I had my old h/u out and the new one installed I remember there was a cd in the old h/u I forgot to take out. Crap!

I know on computer cd drives there's a pin hole I can use to open the tray, is there anything I can do to get the cd out of the old h/u without having to take out the new unit and reattach the old unit???

·
on line
1,361 Posts
do you have a portable power source (the jump starter things)? If so you can hook up the power and ground and eject it that way.

I did that for one I sold to show that it worked, that would give you juice to eject it.

·
on line
266 Posts
ive put in about 5 stereos or so on various cars and EVERY SINGLE TIME ive done it, ive had the same problem, luckily all 5 times i realized before i put in the new HU and just plugged the harness back in for a second

·
on line
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lostboy said:
do you have a portable power source (the jump starter things)? If so you can hook up the power and ground and eject it that way.

I did that for one I sold to show that it worked, that would give you juice to eject it.
yeah, thought about just running a hot and ground wire to it to power up and eject, but I don't know which pins on the back are hot and ground. Probably be putting an amp in in the next month, guess I'll get it out when I pull the dash apart for that.

·
on line
82 Posts
Go to your local Best Buy/Circuit City and pick up a reverse harness for your X. That will plug directly in to the back of the deck and then connect the red and yellow wires to a +12v source and the black one to ground. That will allow you to take the CD out. Plus having a reverse harness isn't always a bad idea anyhow, as you can use it to do some neat stuff.

·
on line
82 Posts
mfenske said:
Go to your local Best Buy/Circuit City and pick up a reverse harness for your X. That will plug directly in to the back of the deck and then connect the red and yellow wires to a +12v source and the black one to ground. That will allow you to take the CD out. Plus having a reverse harness isn't always a bad idea anyhow, as you can use it to do some neat stuff.
Along these lines, just ask Best Buy stereo guys to get it out for you. They should probably do it for free since it would only take them a second.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts