Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So currently I'm running H.A. Bilsteins in the front on stock UCA's that I'm ready to replace. If I replace the UCA's with the Light Racing UCA's will it increase the down-travel of my suspension, or will I need extended travel shocks to allow for more droop? I haven't noticed many people running upgraded UCA's with Bilsteins, so I'm assuming they don't offer very good travel.

I feel slightly noobish asking this question :banghead:, sorry guys.

Thanks,
Rocco

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H.A.= Height Adjustable

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I thought the more lift you get the less down travel you get as a result?

Total travel will be the same but if you have them set for 2" of lift that's 2" they can't do down compared to no lift becuase the shocks are already extended that 2".

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

Total travel will be the same but if you have them set for 2" of lift that's 2" they can't do down compared to no lift becuase the shocks are already extended that 2".
correct. with the same shock. different shocks will yield more lift and more travel but with the same shock the more lift the less downtravel.

downtravel FTW!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I'm thinking I'll pair some radflo's with the new UCA's for what I'm looking for. Maybe just not at he same time since i'm modding on a budget while i'm trying to buy another X.

For those of you who have new UCA's and some sort of long travel shock, did you measure your droop gains? Just curious what kind of additional travel is achieved for the buck. To me the $1k+ that will be spent on this needs to justify itself with very noticeable gains.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Correct. That's why I set mine to 1" of lift, a balance between helping to level the truck and keeping as much downtravel as possible.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome ill keep digging and see if I can find it.

·
on line
612 Posts
There's a thread where someone measured travel of different setups. Extended radflos with PRG UCA is 7.4" I believe. Spc UCA get like 7.8" because they don't have a bumpstop and max out the balljoints
Posted via Mobile Device
I believe Greg from PRG was the one that made that post a few months ago.

Mobile Post...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts