Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many posts about UCA contact with spacers installed in the front. Even one instance with 2" Radflos.

Does anyone with any of these setups along with timbrens or prg bump stops have contact?

I plan on doing TGP front spacers, deaver mini pack, and timbrens front and back. I think the TIMBRENS up front may be the fix to the UCA contact. But I am going off of theory. They should limit full front suspension travel and absorb rough bumps enough to avoid uca to bucket contact.

Do the timbrens cure the UCA contact without having to line the UCA's with rubber hose as contenderv07 did? Matrix even thought about dremmelling away some material. I have not seen a thread about a permanent cure for this UCA contact with spacers.

I am stuck in Korea for now, and have read most of the posts on this site. Feeling pretty :drunken: and trying to find the cheapest, most trouble free lift for my X, that I have not seen in 8 months. Does anyone have the cure for UCA contact with front spacers without going with the TC UCA? I think the Timbrens up front will do it. Let us know.

·
on line
4,919 Posts
The uca contact comes when the wheel travels downward, the timbrens only help with the upward travel of the wheel.

Some people get the contact, others don't. It seems to depend on the individual truck. The only thing that has worked (and I believe there's a thread for it somewhere) is to put a piece of fuel line on the UCA to act as a buffer and lessen the contact. Hope this helps you out.

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK XVTer that makes sense.
I apollagise for this noob mistake. I wish I had my X near me. Oh well.
Let's take it one step forward.
For all of those with UCA contact.
Is there anyone with a front spacer setup, that has jacked up the front end of the side that makes the most uca contact? Let the wheel and suspension hang freely and mark exactly where the contact is? And try to come up with a better solution than rubber hose to buffer the contact point? Maybe a limiting strap for the UCA or bumpstop under the UCA or something?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
there's been 2 cases of UCA contact with the 2" radflos...one being mine...but they are not supposed to do that, prg has replaced the defective coilovers in both cases...well, i'm still waiting for mine, but it's being replaced.

spacers are well known to cause contact. some people have wrapped the UCA in rubber tubing...that helps with the noise, but does not solve the problem. The only real solutions is to get the new UCAs or a smaller spacer that won't contact.

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm. So spacers in front are going to cause UCA contact, and it is pretty much unavoidable without replacing the UCA's? So maybe spacers are not the most economical way to go.
willgr1, would you say forget about the spacers and go with the 2" Radflos? I know they cost a bit more, but provide a much better quality suspension lift.

I would like to know when the kinks have been worked out of the 2" radflos and that they work well (don't cause any UCA contact) without upgrading the UCA.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
TC UCAs and top gunz spacers together will cost as much as the 2" radflos, you can go either way....if you plan to offroad i would suggest the coilovers, if you want asthetics and lift for bigger tires, the spacers and UCAs will be fine.....it will always depend on what you want to do with the truck.

there are no kinks with the radflos...some happen to be slightly defective, this can happen to anything that's custom built....there are many more cases of radflos that have not had problems then there are one that have had problems.....buy them with confidence, it's unlikely you will experience an issue.

·
on line
246 Posts
any lift of more than an inch either radflos or spacer are going to cause contact at full droop-----------------theres no getting around it, its just the way the suspension is engineered. the tc uca's have the bumpstop to eliminate the sound of the contact.

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like where you are coming from mccampana. I also have a 2006 Super Black 4x4, "X." Only mine will be hitting puberty a little late. I plan on having a lift ready for install when I get home in Feb. 08. I have been thinking the Top Gun Customz Spacers and Deaver Mini Pack. I want to make sure and do it right the first time with 2-3" of solid no bs, no worries. Therefore I have been considering the 2" Radflos. But, I have offroaded the crap out of my stock X, and do agree that the stock stuff is good.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I have the most basic set up, Daystar lift. I have been to Moab, 2 ECXC's a few other runs, some abuse around the house, at work, and going into the cabin. It's been like 2 years and 42K miles with that set up and to look at it, it will go the life of the truck if need be. So I don't think you need to worry if you go that way.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
usmc xterra said:
I have the most basic set up, Daystar lift. I have been to Moab, 2 ECXC's a few other runs, some abuse around the house, at work, and going into the cabin. It's been like 2 years and 42K miles with that set up and to look at it, it will go the life of the truck if need be. So I don't think you need to worry if you go that way.
...and I've got my Daystar on order after looking at the write-up from USMC!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts