Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a HOW-TO on the UCA contact issue, I didn't know whether to put it here or the how to, but here is the end result.

wasn't too hard, just flipping hot, anywho here ya go and the "in-depth" :cheers: how to is posted with more pics. Enjoy

·
on line
735 Posts
that's some fine booty-fab right there. At least have the common courtesy to get a sharp pair of side cutters and trim those tie wraps down before you cut your hand the next time you get into that area to work.

sorry..but still, you posted it :cyclops:

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow seems like everyone (other than SEXTerra) on this thread is a huge a-hole. I only put this how to on because someone else did it and it got deleted when the server went down. As for ghetto fab, yea it might be, but it's my X, not yours. I don't want to spend my time on trying to make it look pretty, I would rather actually use the X like it's supposed to, to wheel. I expect this from XOC, but not here

·
on line
776 Posts
calm down

S_e_X-Terra said:
Hey at least the guy is trying.....

keep on ghetto riggin dude.... any crazy suggestions are welcome.
Hey man, SEXterra was just complimenting you not dogging you!!! As a matter of fact-He can be quite helpful when you have ?'s... b/c he has most likely done the mod in question, at some point or another.

Besides, dont let one persons comment burn your arss too bad, I catch hell all the time and just laugh it off!

P.S. Thanks for the effort on the how to! :drunken:

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Back on topic :compress:
I did the same thing, and thought it would be nice to put something a little more durable than the "heavy duty" plastic cable ties. The guy at the parts store suggested header wrap ties for like $15. I didn't feel that was worth it for a $0.25 piece of hose. When i was at Harbor Freight (speaking of Ghetto-tastic!) I found these.
Linky

More durable, and only $5. Bought and need to replace my plastic cable ties now.
BTW, I wheeled this weekend, first time on some meaner trails with the new lift. What a difference this mod makes. Can't even guess how loud the slamming would have been without the hose.

·
on line
369 Posts
norshor said:
rs182 said:
my control arms have already chopped through my hose. i used heavy duty high pressure hose too!
Mine too. Gives me a reason to put those stainless ties on now.
Are you just going to replace the chopped rubber hose with another rubber hose? I'm trying to think of other, more durable options...

·
on line
369 Posts
My zip ties are fine, they are really thick and I put them far enough away from the contact point so they wouldn't get chopped.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
has anyone thought about "dremmeling" away some of the material on the UCA? i noticed that an 1/4th of an inch could be removed and that might be a huge difference. there is a welded tab inside the UCA to keep its strength.

*WARNING* camera phone pix

·
on line
279 Posts
matrix12480 said:
has anyone thought about "dremmeling" away some of the material on the UCA? i noticed that an 1/4th of an inch could be removed and that might be a huge difference. there is a welded tab inside the UCA to keep its strength.

*WARNING* camera phone pix

I've been thinking the same thing. Everyone seems to be applying the 'pound of cure' method instead of actually trying to prevent the problem. If there are no structural integrity issues created by removing a bit of material, then that would be the obvious solution rather than dropping 600 bones on a new set of aftermarket UCAs or strapping on a rubber hose....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts