Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every few times i start my truck the abs,VDC and Slip lights come on. Sometimes the Check engin light comes on and my scanguage reads code u1000. I read some other have been having this same problem what did they do to fix it?

The fluid in this reservoir was at minimum,coud this have anything to do with it?

·
on line
628 Posts
Check your brake fluid level, when I was flushing my brake lines I went for a test drive without having filled the brake fluid back to proper level and I had the ABS, VDC and SLIP lights on. Filled it up and they went off immediately.

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah my Barake Fluid is at Max

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read that it could be the ECU grounds need tightening. I just dont know where they are

·
on line
896 Posts
I too have had this problem, but it seemed to be more in cold weather (in the AM maybe around 6, below 32). But I drive around, leave the light on, then pull off the road, turn the car off then back on and it goes away. Since it's been a little bit warmer, I haven't seen it

·
on line
24 Posts
I am having the same problem with my X. 2008 OR with just over 1000 miles. The lights came on a couple weeks ago then went away. But they have been on now for two days. I guess a trip to the dealership is in my future.

·
on line
24 Posts
Ok I fixed it...I had to reset the system by driving for 10 minutes over 10mph...per the owners manual. It worked, no more lights.

·
on line
10 Posts
Their is a Recall on 2008 Xterra applies to vins 5N1AN08**8C 509334 - 510973
For ABS/VDC Acuator that will cause the lights to come on also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts