Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Before i even clicked on the link i knew the answer..... Come on, with a name like turbonator you know it has to be a top notch product!!

I say buy three of them (you do get a discount if you buy more than one) and put them all in a row. Who knows you may get more power out of them then you do from a supercharger.

Do it dude!!!!

*I hope everyone knows that im joking!

·
on line
145 Posts
Those things work best when combined with electric superchargers, properly greased muffler bearings, and a topped off blinker fluid tank. A long weight is also beneficial.

·
on line
652 Posts
save your cash they were busted on the mythbusters

Not to mention you do not want turbulance in the intake

·
on line
246 Posts
Only way these would work is in a carbed or TBI motor where the fuel and air mix long before it gets to the cylinders. Newer motors, for the most part, inject the fuel just before the intake valve. This kinda works on the same level as a carb/TB spacer. They worked well on carbed motors, not so much on modern motors. For us, we'd need a spacer between the plenum and the heads. Even then it would probably be a minimal improvement. Can't wait for a centrifugal supercharged for out trucks come out. Roots type is ok, looks meaner, but you can stick a bigger intercooler in front of the radiator than you can under a roots type supercharger.

On topic again, Land O'Lakes is known for butter, not engine parts. Probably some USF drop out figured this one up. About 15 minutes from my house, might need to swing by and see if they'll let me play with one.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: These style, chargers work GREAT on lawn mowers, course mine is a push not a 4WD !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Hey, isn't that the movie our ESTEEMED Governor made ??

--You know ARNIE

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts