Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Discussion starter · #24 ·
The bumpers look great! Hows the paint holding up with daily driving?
Well, it's only been a couple of three weeks since I painted them. It's been through the local gas station car wash twice now and they still look like I just did them, so ....... I'm hoping they'll hold up pretty well.

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #25 · (Edited)
Decided to tackle the 1.5” wheel spacers the other day... …… Took my time and it turned out great. Minor trimming, heating and cutting but it was easier than I thought it would be. Nobody would ever know by looking at it. Just went over next-door to a empty parking lot and went over a bunch of curb stops at full lock left and full lock right...No rubbing!

Special thanks to Albatross Cafe for posting up the pics from when he did it...made it pretty easy and JFanaselle for pointing me to the link..... http://www.thenewx.org/forum/50-mem...cafes-flexterra-now-4-10s-11.html#post3430057

image upload no limit

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I had the battery out...adding in the wiring for my 20" light bar....and when I was all done and fired it up.....OD light was on and I was in limp home mode.

Took it in to Nissan......they tried to rape me and wanted to put in a new trans.

Took it to my general mechanic and he checked all the grounds again and also had the trans shop next door look at it and said he thought it was the valve body but they wanted to do a rebuild. My mechanic and I didn't agree with the rebuild but on the other hand couldn't be sure it was the valve body either.

Took it to a customer of mine who owns a trans shop (and I have credit at from swapping services) and he diagnosed the issue as valve body. (specifically the TCM) Replaced it and all is good and right in the world again.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Finally got around to getting my switches wired up for my front light bar and rear LED lights. Turned out nice.

I also got my rear view camera set up completed. Since the truck came with a aftermarket stereo with a screen....I figured why not? So I picked up a license plate frame with built in camera off Amazon. Looks good enough to me.

Sick build man.. super clean and simple... I love it...

I gotta get my truck leveled and 1.5 wheel spacers on it.. I love the stance you got going on... I've got an 05 knight armor with blacked out wheels like yours and same size K02's as well...

Did you take the fenders and grill off when you painted them ?

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Sick build man.. super clean and simple... I love it...

I gotta get my truck leveled and 1.5 wheel spacers on it.. I love the stance you got going on... I've got an 05 knight armor with blacked out wheels like yours and same size K02's as well...

Did you take the fenders and grill off when you painted them ?
Thanks!

The grill yes, but I just masked off on the bumper cover and side mounding and rear bumper.

That said...your bumper cover comes off in about 5 mins....it's SUPER simple so either is an option. I just figured mask if off so I didn't scratch it at all putting it back on. The grill comes off in about 30 seconds so that one is a no brainer.

I've had them painted for a while now and have ran it through the car was a few times and the paint is really holding up well.

Thanks!

The grill yes, but I just masked off on the bumper cover and side mounding and rear bumper.

That said...your bumper cover comes off in about 5 mins....it's SUPER simple so either is an option. I just figured mask if off so I didn't scratch it at all putting it back on. The grill comes off in about 30 seconds so that one is a no brainer.

I've had them painted for a while now and have ran it through the car was a few times and the paint is really holding up well.
Thanks for the tips... I'm putting that on my to do list... but gotta deal with issues on another vehicle first....

Discussion starter · #38 · (Edited)
The bumpers look great! Hows the paint holding up with daily driving?
Update: It's now been over 6 months since I painted the bumpers and side moulding. They've held up GREAT. Maybe not as glossy as they were initially but they still look pretty awesome. I couldn't be happier.

Update: It's now been over 6 months since I painted the bumpers and side moulding. They've held up GREAT. Maybe not as glossy as they were initially but they still look pretty awesome. I couldn't be happier.
that's awesome. I got a little bold on a wheeling trip and ripped my stock bumper up a little. that was the end of that and I ordered full armor for it.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.