Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For $19.99 its probably junk but I thought it was interesting...

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
These have been around for a while. They link to your phone and then you use an app. Very hit or miss. Some love them. I don't particularly trust them. The only one I like is Blue Driver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would say definitely don’t buy this. I purchased one online about 20+ days ago and have been back and forth with the company. They said their supplier was on holiday and was working on getting orders out. I asked to have my money refunded and not to ship my delayed order. I was told they don’t offer refunds on sale items even though they hadn’t even shipped my order. Don’t waste your money on this company. They have horrible customer service.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Like was said above, if you're looking for something like this, I think Bluedriver is the way to go. $99 for the plug and software. I noticed recently that they added advanced diagnostics for Nissans. When I last ran a full scan, it also showed codes from the TPMS system. It told me specifically which tire had a low pressure. From what I think I've read here and there on the forums, most of the cheap scanners don't do that--it's kind of a big differentiator, making Bluedriver a steal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do not waste your money on the TunerSupply device if you have an Android phone. First, the device is Wifi only which means you cannot use it and still use your phone to receive calls without monkeying with advanced settings. Second, so far, all of the Android apps I have tried from the TunerSupply page of recommendations for Android are Bluetooth only and cannot connect to the TunerSupply ELM327. Adding insult to injury, the last app I tried, eCar PRO, cost $4.99 which I discovered minutes later is, unlike most Android apps, not refundable! I can't say about other devices but I suggest anyone that uses Android avoid this junk.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Bluedriver sounds nice.
TPMS info would be great.
When the false tire issue light comes on, it would be great to know which tire is the identified offender: I had the false positives show up in the past due to temperature changes on trips.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
If your going to spend $100, you may wish to consider one of the standard plug in full features scanner.

An option I would be looking for is the ability to cycle your abs.

Ive not priced such an item recently, but it cannot be much more than $130

1 - 7 of 7 Posts