Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know weather to put this in Susp or Exterior but here we go. I am looking to get a tube front bumper (Calmini or custom havn't decided). My question is how much weight will I be expecting over the stock front bumper? Will I need to plan for some front end sag at all? I don't know what the weight is on them and just from personal preference do not like any rake ( I have a 1/4" spacer now).

Maybe a basic coilover setup to adjust height , maybe 1"?

ideas...

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Your average plate bumper weighs in the avenue of 100 pounds. I've never picked up a tube bumper, but if you can imagine what one of those damage multiplier bull bars weigh, multiply that by at least two. I'm gonna say 50-70 pounds depending on how much tube is used and what the skid is made of.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so the options i'm looking at are:

-Don't do anything because it wont sag-
-1" spacer with longer studs on the stock shocks-$
-1.5" top spacer with the bolts in the spacer-$$
-Coilovers I can just adjust to the height I need - $$$$

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
If I had to guess, the plastic front bumper cover, the actual bumper steel crossbeam, and the trimmed off splash guards is probably around 20-30lbs by itself. My Calmini tube bumper was somewhere in the 60-70lb range, so I only netted between 30-50lbs.

I'm not sure how skinny you are, but if you ate salad for a while, you could make up the difference. :D

My vote is to do nothing with your suspension, because it won't sag at all. Wait...you need a bigger lift, duh.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
A gain of 50 lbs on the front end will only make the front end drop about 1/8th of an inch. So, don't bother with doing anything...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts