Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a tsb for the window creeking? Our passenger front window creeks bad! Also, the damn drive belt is chirping. I take it that is the auto tensioner?

·
TNX Administrator
20,256 Posts
JasonK06X said:
Is there a tsb for the window creeking? Our passenger front window creeks bad! Also, the damn drive belt is chirping. I take it that is the auto tensioner?
I don't know if it will solve you window creeking, but after I do some off roading, I get a creeking noise coming from the windows. I found that there will be a layer of dust inbetween the rubber door gaskets and it will rub together causing this annoying noise. Open doors and clean dust from gasket will make noise to go away.

·
on line
67 Posts
I had mine fixed under a TSB. Been about 6 months without a problem

·
on line
975 Posts
Our creaks also. It seems to do mostly right after the window is rolled up. This TSB might be something to look into.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
my front two are doing it, I am waiting for the back to kick in and just get them all done at once :geek:

·
on line
266 Posts
anrebel1 said:
I had mine fixed under a TSB. Been about 6 months without a problem
do you know what TSB it was?

im having the same problem but it wont happen when i take it to the dealer

·
on line
67 Posts
somewhere on here is a link to all tsb's for nissans. I think it was actually listed for an altima or something. All I did was mention to the dealer that there was one. I brought it in for a few other tsb's at the same time. They replaced the window regulators I believe

·
TNX Administrator
20,256 Posts
anrebel1 said:
somewhere on here is a link to all tsb's for nissans. I think it was actually listed for an altima or something. All I did was mention to the dealer that there was one. I brought it in for a few other tsb's at the same time. They replaced the window regulators I believe
Here you go, but I didn't see anything for creaky windows;
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Xterra/2005/1.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts