Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got around to doing this after 2.5 years... Some before and after pics

Username: TRUXterra
Year: 2006
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: SE
Color: Knight Armour
Mods: Not enough, but here is what I have so far ;)

Performance:
Volant Intake
IMS
Superchips 87 octane tune
Magnaflo muffler(2 into 1)
custom piping from cats to muffler

Exterior:
09 headlight mod (colour match paint)
NXrocks skids
SW front bumper
SW rear bumper with tire carrier
Xoskel cage
4-PIAA 520 (2 driving, 2 fog on roof)
2-PIAA 520 fog (front bumper)
285/70/17 GY Duratracs
Bedlined rims
Southco locking handle
OEM bug deflector
Vent Visor shades
Titan TW12 winch

Interior:
Compass/auto dimming mirror (JY score for $15)
3 - OTRATTW switches
Blue Sea 5025 block
Pathfinder illuminated wheel controls
Cobra CB w/ 4' Firestick on the tire carrier
Weathertech floor mats
Wet Okole front seat covers

Suspension:
PRG UCA
PRG extended 2.0 C/O's
PRG Cam bolts
PRG Shackles
AC 3" AAL
rear Shims
Extended Bilsteins on rear (3-5")

To come:
Sliders
rear light bar & lights

[/IMG]

·
TNX Administrator
20,493 Posts
Nice start to a mighty fine Xterra Page, TRUXterra.

·
on line
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did follow the sticky, but I must have missed copying the required info after spell checking in Outlook. Thanks for slapping my wrist withing the first 30 minutes of class teach ;)

Basically to get you on track with the rest of us, you need to edit your initial post with the following information;

Format of an opening post:

Thread Title:

Message Body:

Username:

Year:
Make:
Model:
Trim:
Color:

Mods: (listed in an organized and easy to read fashion)

Comments:

Photos:
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

·
TNX Administrator
20,493 Posts
That's what I'm here for! :iconbiggrin:

·
on line
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
New to me tires being installed later this week. Traditional balancing with 6 oz of airsoft pellets being added.

30-40% worn BFG MT's KM (not KM2's). Got them for $150 Canadian...and yes, for all 4! Still considering 35's after I install the 2" Bl this year and I TS next year so I wanted something to hold me over until I decide for sure;)

·
on line
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
New recent pics & progress. BFG M/T's mounted & completed the electrical install of the winch control box. Winch (Titan TW12) to be installed soon after re-enforcing the frame horns. I'm running 7oz of air soft pellets in the tires vs. normal balancing. No vibrations once I reach 40 km/hr. The used M/T's were scalloped and I am amazed at how smooth the ride is! Speeds up to 130 km/hr and no vibrations to speak of!

M/T's

Control Box

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I'm running 7oz of air soft pellets in the tires vs. normal balancing
What brand airsoft pellets are you using and how long have you had them in there for???
I am askign cause I was reading in another thread somewhere that some brands are biodegradable.

Great looking X BTW

·
on line
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tks.

I'll try to find the receipt, but I know they are .20g competition type so they are non-bio-degradable and solid (vs. hallow) rounds. There are .25 and .28 rounds available in the marketplace, but .20's were the heaviest I could find here locally.

The heavier the round, the fewer the pellets, the less noise under 40 km/hr...that is the main difference.

I run less than 10k kms/year so I've only had them in for about 300-350 kms to date.

·
Registered
7 Posts
looks so sick. i have the exact same one. mind if you give me the name of the front bumper and the light bar on top?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
lol, I know...here's what the outside looked like

Yes, I have decided that I am done with LARGE mud pits as all that crap never comes off the under body!! But all-in-all it id definitely worth the fun!! Clean water, like creek crossings and such are more of my cup of tea;) lol

looks so sick. i have the exact same one. mind if you give me the name of the front bumper and the light bar on top?
shrockworks.com
xoskel.com

·
on line
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally remembering to update this page. The M'T's were down right dangerous in the ice & snow, from a stopping perspective. With a few cm of snow on an icy road, I was constantly in 4WD to keep the X in a straight line. Discounttiredriect fixed that issue with 4 GY Duratracs to my door. I might miss the M/T's for the other 3 seasons, but well worth the swap for winter!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts