Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen a lot of trunk storage options on here. Some I like, some i feel take up too much space. To each their own and everyone has differing needs and wants.
I use the trunk area for many different things, and dont like the idea of having shelving that splits up space and has to be removed if i want to haul say a stand up freezer on a whim(found at yard sale) so i like to keep all my storage to the sides and ceiling.
What i have done so far:
Rex rug-with cutouts for tiedown track use.
molle panel-no holes required pass side
Raingler ceiling net- purchased used on here
seatback storage- amazon
Mounted Milk crate for miscellaneous kayak and camping gear, that can be moved easily.(held in by 2 oem track eyes and velcro strip)
Side and rear oem nets installed

Coming soon:
roxterra molle panel driver side
fire extinguisher mount

In Future:
Possible rear hatch mounted axe and shovel?
2 virgins for sacrificing. :unsure: (thanks for reading this far.)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive exterior Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Sport utility vehicle

·
TNX Veteran
4,539 Posts
Agreed. Plus shelves and crap are heavy. It seems like once every couple of weeks I need to lay the seats flat and take everything out to carry something large. Crates/boxes are the way to go. And the ceiling net honestly has got to be in my top 3 favorite mods. It is so useful (poptart storage for me ;) )

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts
My rear interior rack weighs 21# and can be removed in 3 minutes.

I've had it out a few times, but it is mostly in.

Thus far, most oversize items I have needed to carry carry can either fit under or over the rack or in the rear seat area with the seat down or removed. Anything larger than that can go on top or in the bed of a pickup.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Sport utility vehicle

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts
Where did you get the rear rack?
It is a one-off unit made by a former forum member who decided to go to a full size Landcruiser. I was lucky enough to be perusing the For Sale forum the day it was listed, and even luckier that I only lived 50 miles from the seller.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Where did you get the rear rack?
Here you go my guy. Have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts